Life Hurts A Lot More Than Death

Jack's POV

My eyes widen and panic rushed through my blood stream as I heard those words I desperately longed for, but secretly feared. With no hesitation, I ran towards my beloved and slammed the door open whilst Emma yelled throughout the castle for help. I could see her gasping for air and crying in pain. Quickly, I grabbed her hand and put mine on her forehead before kissing it, "Shh.... I-It's alright... It's going to be okay..." It teared me apart seeing her like this but I knew life would get perfect in a few hours.

Still crying, she looked up at me and coughed, "I-It hurts so bad...!!!!" Biting my lip, I nodded, "I k-know Elsa... J-Just think of the baby...!" I tried to reassure her but the pain was obviously already a lot to handle. She didn't need me panicking. Even if, deep down, I was freaking out. But I tried my very best to act as if it was alright.

Maids came into the room with towels, pillows, a bowl of clean water and excitment on their faces.... But mine showed worry. They asked Emma to leave the room but I could stay. Without a word, she left smiling. The maids prepared everything and I looked at Elsa...

She looked so weak.. So pale... She was still coughing... She kept saying to not worry about her but, how could I not?

Breathing heavily, she spread her leg and begged to get it done right now. But the maids told her they needed to count the time in between each contractions. Once this one was over, a maid started counting and Elsa turned her head towards me. Wiping her tears away I whispered, "Hey..." A small and sad chuckle escaped my lips, "Y-You just started... Don't cry right now...!"

She bit her lip and grabbed my hand before squeezing lightly. Weakly and with a small cough she said, "I-I love you..." A weak smile formed on my face as I kissed her cheek, "I love you too.." As she was about to smile, her face contracted and she started whimpering. I looked up at the woman counting and her her eyes were wide open. Worried, I asked, "What?!"

She looked down at me, "They're 3 minutes apart your highness! This is going way too fast...!" Elsa started screaming in my ear as she begged, "GET IT OUT!! GET IT OUT!!" Just as requested, the maids positionned themselves.

Oh dear... It's happening. Okay keep calm. Elsa needs your support!....I can't believe my life will become even more beautiful in some hours... Of attrocious pain for Elsa as well as for my hand and ears.

Elsa's POV

This was all too much. The pain, my weakness, my coughs, my tears... I never felt worse in my entire life. I thought I was gonna die.. As the maids started telling me too push, I screamed in agony and squeezed Jack's hand really hard. I might have broken it... But I don't think he cared. Come on Elsa, focus on your beautiful prince or princess. Focus on the person you love most in this world. In other words, the baby.

I kept coughing like a maniac which burned my throat. I was incredibly weak... I tried to push but not long after the first one, I stopped, panting. Jack looked up at me, biting his lip, "I-I know honey.. I-I know it hurts and t-that it's hard... But, I know you can do this..! You're my hero...! I-I know you can... For the baby..." Smiling sadly, he kissed my forehead and lightly squeezed my hand as he rubbed my back...

Scared, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I started pushing once more whilst screaming my life out even though my throat was on fire. I heard the maids and Jack encouraging me throughout the whole thing but I was so weak... I even puked a small amount of blood. My vision was blurry and almost in black and white.. I kept looking everywhere as I followed the maids' instructions as best as I could.

I kept screaming for 7 hours straight.. I was so weak, I passed out after the first 2 hours. I woke up not long after but still. Ugh! Come on Elsa! You're a warrior! Don't tell me you can't do it!...

After long hours of horrible pain, I heard cries.. But they sounded echo. My vision had never been so blurry. Slowly... I stopped hearing things...

Jack's POV

Smiling at my new born child, I let a tear of happiness fall. Incredibly happy, I turned to my love and my smile faded away immediatly, "E-Elsa?" No response. She seemed to try and understand where she was.. I've never seen her so pale... Her cheeks were no longer out and rosy... She stopped squeezing my hand and let it go. Worried sick, I looked up at her, "Elsa?! Elsa!" I put my head above hers and touched her cheek, slowly dragging her face to make her look at me. "Elsa answer me!" I could hear my baby crying in the background but I knew he was safe with the maids so I kept my focus on Elsa. She looked at me with no expression on her face.

She didn't answer me... As if she went deaf.. Lightly, I patted her cheek, "Elsa come on! This isn't funny! Answer me!" I was desperate to her her voice. Even if she just told me to shut up. She stopped looking around and her lifeless eyes turned into the back of her head as if she had lost vision, "ELSA! ANSWER ME!"

Everyone stopped moving and looked at her. Quickly, I put my hear against her chest and my hand right above her mouth... I could still hear her heartbeat and feel her weak breath. I looked back up at her and my eyes widen as those gorgeous eyes I loved so dearly, closed...

Quietly, I asked, ".....E-...Elsa....?"