Lost Chapter (22.5): Nia's Forgotten Confession Of Love

Start from the beginning

"You brought us all the way over here to point out something as ridiculous as that?" Neji frowned as he looked at his female companion.

"Well excuse me for noticing something romantic..."

"Do you think she may like Naruto, Tenten?" Rock Lee seemed curious about the situation.

"Lee, don't tell me this captures your attention too?" Neji replied, "Our attention should be put into this mission, not on gathering intel on who likes who."

Lee only kept his eyes glued on Nia's yearning expression, "I must admit I am most intrigued. I am curious to know on whether or not I may have my shot with Sakura if I can get Naruto to hook up with that rogue girl instead."

"No chance. We all know Naruto's everlasting crush on Sakura isn't going away anytime soon. Nia should just get over it before she gets hurt by the truth. Plain and simple."

"Ouch, Neji... as true as that may be, you can try to at least feel a little sorry for her," Tenten said, "Just look at the yearning in her eyes. You can tell she obviously has feelings. Naruto just doesn't seem like he feels the same way."

As the three continued to mumble amongst themselves, Nia just took a moment to sit on the thick branch and rest her head against the tree itself.

'My heart hurts...' She thought to herself, 'I want him to notice me... but he's so focused on that girl because she's so attractive. I mean, that girl slapped him across the face three times in the last half hour. And just maybe an hour ago before that, she legit punched him so hard I thought he died or something.'

Nia sighed and frowned.

I swear... I'm starting to think Naruto's shallow. I mean, it's one thing to be attracted to someone, but being attracted to them when they treat you like crap is just... ugh! I should just give up already! The guy is never gonna love me for crying out loud.

Still watching as her crush was preoccupied with that of his own crush, the kunoichi jumped down to the ground and watched the two teammates for a moment before turning around and walking with her head down as she sulked over knowing her feelings weren't reciprocated.

If I were pretty, he'd be in love with me by now... no doubt about it, but... I'm not so... I have no chance...

"Wow... what a sad look on her face." Lee spoke quietly as Nia walked passed the three as they remained undetected.

Tenten sighed and shrugged, "Well, unrequited love can be tough, but there's nothing we can do about it. It's not like we can force the guy or anything."

"Exactly," The Hyuga agreed, "So why waste our time on something as little as this? Getting Naruto to get over Sakura is like trying to convince Guy-sensei to quit training. Simply impossible."

"You've got a point..."

"Though I agree with your statement, I must say that I am tempted to get those two together so that Naruto will no longer stand in my way and continue to be my rival in love. I must win over Sakura no matter the cost, everyone!" Lee declared as he tightened his fists.

Tenten sweatdropped, "Don't you think that's sorta a wrong motivation to bring two people together, Lee?"

"Why of course not! If Naruto falls in love with her, then he will no longer be a problem in my pursuit to achieve my dear Sakura's heart! Neji, you are with me on this, are you not?"