Chapter 7: Nia Attacks!

No one made a move. Naruto and Nia just stared at one another while Jiraiya waited patiently for their battle to begin.

Though she didn't want to admit it, Nia felt shaken up. Her confidence in her abilities wasn't very high; She was unsure of herself. To her, if she couldn't master ninjutsu, that means the opponent automatically wins the match if they are able to skillfully use it themselves.

'Man... Can I really do this? This guy is already Jiraiya-sensei's student. What makes me think I can beat him? I barely know how to walk on water and trees for goodness sake!' She thought nervously to herself.

"If you're not gonna make the first move then I will!" Naruto made a clone sign, "Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

Five replicas of himself spawned beside him. At once, they all charged. Nia felt surprised but knew that shadow clones can usually be taken out with one hit.

One threw a hook; Nia swifted left then swung back around with a strong kick. It landed a hit and that clone proofed into smoke. Another appeared from behind with a kick. Nia grabbed it's foot, spun it around and threw it towards the last couple clones. They all vanished.

Jiraiya watched it all.

Alright. Not bad, but shadow clones are usually easy to defeat yet they're usually used to distract the opponent from the real attacker.

"Hya!" Naruto came speeding downwards from the sky with a balled fist.

Nia heard his grunt and successfully managed to backflip out of the way. Naruto stopped his fist from hitting the ground and looked at Nia a bit dumbstruck.

"How did you know I was attacking from upwards?"

Nia knew the answer to his question but didn't want him to avoid doing what he did. Maybe he would keep doing that.

"Hey, are you even listening to me!?!" Naruto yelled.

"She was able to dodge you so easily cause you grunted loudly before you attacked. If you hadn't done that, you would've got her." Jiraiya corrected Naruto of his mistake.

Nia furrowed her eyebrows.

Damn, why did he have to go and tell him that? Ugh... What do I do now? This sucks so bad.

Naruto chuckled, "I see... Thanks, Pervy Sage."

He then stood with confidence.

This is gonna be quick! I'll just use rasengan and bam! It'll be all over for her.

Naruto looked at his opponent and noticed something strange. Nia's hand were slightly trembling along with her knees. Her stance wasn't exactly straight like his own and her eyes seemed to have no reassurance.

Is she-

"Curly Brow! Are-"

"It's Nia!" Nia growled.

"Nia." Naruto corrected himself, "You sure you wanna continue this match? You don't seem so confident in yourself."

Nia scoffed, "Of course. I'm not afraid to fight you."

Naruto stared at the kunoichi then nodded, "Alright... If that's what you say."

Nia had no choice but to try her best and defeat the blonde with her taijutsu. This was the only thing she felt was her greatest strength. Her speed was remarkable but clearly not as great as the Raikage's.

At once, Nia pushed her feet off the ground. Naruto's eyes widened when he realized Nia's movements became a blur. She connected a fist to Naruto's cheek. It was so powerful, the genin flew several yards back all while slamming through a few trees before roughly tumbling to a stop on the ground.