Chapter 57: Castle Made Of Ice

Sasuke and Nia stood outside of what looked like a castle or some sort of palace. It's structure was that of a beautiful light blue color of ice. The snow surrounded all around it and the gates were too made out of the same thing and was many feet up from the ground.

"Woah..." Nia said as she looked at the structure, "I wonder who was skilled enough to build this? This is beautiful."

Sasuke ignored her comment and walked straight through the gate as it had a large gap between each ice bar. Nia sighed and followed after him.

Somehow the two were able to get through the main door as it opened all on its own. However, because of this, they immediately became suspicious.

"Keep your guard up," Sasuke warned as he walked ahead of the girl, "This could be a trap."

"I know," Nia responded as she looked around inside the building, "A main door to a palace should never open on its own so easily unless someone's here to greet us."

"You're right, little girl." A woman suddenly appeared atop of a staircase in front of the two shinobi.

She was beautiful in appearance. Her long, straight white hair reached down to her curvy hips while her icy blue eyes stared down at the teens by the front door. Her skin was a bit pale but it complimented the slick and silky white dress she had on. By no means did she look anything like a shinobi.

"Who are you?" Sasuke grabbed at his sword.

"You need not worry... Sasuke Uchiha. I am no threat to you at all." The lady said as she slowly made her way down the stairs.

"Sasuke... Uchiha?" Nia's eyes widened as she looked at the black haired boy in complete shock.

Isn't that... isn't that the name of the boy that Naruto... that Naruto said was his best friend but died a long while ago?

At this thought, a memory had finally came to her mind once more. A memory of Itachi's words to her back when she had been at the Cloud for her chuunin exam.

"Give Naruto a message for me: Tell him Sasuke is alive and doesn't plan to return to the Leaf anytime soon."

Nia, still in complete amazement, felt as though her jaw dropped to the ground.

This whole time... This whole time he was alive... and... and...

She thought of Itachi's message then lowered her eyes as she felt ashamed of herself.

I didn't... tell Naruto... for some reason. Why didn't I tell him...? I had so many things running through my mind during that time that I forgot literally all about it. Oh my gosh... I'm terrible for not telling him immediately... ugh...

"What business do you have with me? How do you know my name?" The Uchiha still gripped onto his sword.

"As I said, I am of no threat. My name is Fuyuka Yuki. I am but a spirit dwelling in the dimension we are in now. A spirit whom wishes to satisfy the true desires of your heart. You are guardians. Guardians of the Nine-Tails. Your life is quickly coming to an end. I am here to make sure your heart's desires are fulfilled before death."