Should I Self Publish or Get Traditionally Published? IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!

Hey guys... so I've been thinking of something for the past few days or so. Remember the original story I had posted on here? The Loser's Hero. The one where it's an secret AU NaruNia fanfic?

Yeah, so for months, maybe over a year now, I've been trying to get it traditionally published but it turns out, it's VERY difficult to do so and involves so much WAITING! A lot of literary agents are on some bs and barely give anyone's work a shot even IF that person has a lot of POTENTIAL along with their stories. I did my best to write my story, polish it, edit it, rewrite some things, and just did everything I could and still... nothing.

I'll admit, I probably would've had a better shot if I were to tell them how many people actually read my stories on here, but I didn't wanna do all that. I wanted to know if I could naturally get my books picked up but they weren't about it or even just gave it a chance so now I'm thinking, "damn, should I just publish my stories myself?"

I know my writing isn't terrible and I know lots of people enjoy my writing, even if literary agents might think no one would enjoy my books. Lol if they only knew 😂

A lot of the time they'll reject someone cause they don't think people would like your concept (which we all know tens of thousands of people loved my NaruNia concept: the "ugly, fat girl" getting the cute guy without needing to lose weight or get plastic surgery or something) or they'll reject someone because they probably simply don't believe in your book.

While I get I may not be the best writer, I do believe I have a whole lotta potential! We've seen how many people I was able to touch or inspire or whom simply enjoyed my writing on here over the years. I do believe that I have a good message to send to the world and whether I have to self publish my book to get it out there, I will.

The thing is, there's pros and cons to both self publishing and traditionally publishing. For example , with traditional publishing, I may not have complete creative freedom since they'll most likely have me change a lot of stuff about my books that isn't to their liking. With self publishing, I don't have to worry about that and write my heart out the way you guys like my stories to be.

With traditional publishing, we would have to wait months or maybe even years for the book to be published. With self publishing, I could publish my book next week or maybe even THIS WEEK for you guys to buy for a cheap price whether you want an ebook version or paperback. We wouldn't have to wait for a millennium.

With traditional publishing, even if I do get a literary agent, it's not a guarantee that my book will be published. With self publishing, it IS A GUARANTEE!

With traditional publishing, I would have a deadline to make a book or series. With self publishing, I can post a book once I KNOW it's 100% completed and to my liking.

With self publishing, I would have to market and advertise my own books unfortunately. With traditional publishing, they have the ability to help push my book out there for people.

With self publishing, I would have to create my own cover (which I'm not bad at but certainly not a professional. If I really wanted, I could hire a graphic designer to make a cover for me or shi, probably ask someone from wattpad lol sometimes they be killing it 😂). With traditional publishing, they can hire a professional to create my cover (but even then, it isn't a guarantee that it will be good to mine or other people's liking)

And there's just so many other things that goes for the two routes. I'm having a hard time deciding which path I should take which is why I NEED you guys' input.

Please tell me your thoughts in the comments section or message me. Also, the only reason I'm hesitating with self publishing it is because a lot of you are... not to be mean, but broke 😭 I could sell it for a dollar and yet supposedly none of you would have the money 😭 unless y'all just lying.

I'm not gonna force anyone to buy my books, but it would mean so much to me if you guys helped me out and support my dreams. If literally no one buys it, then I'll know for sure that maybe being an author is not what I was meant to do which would be very sad honestly. I would've worked months on my book for nothing 😭

So lmk if you guys would actually buy it if it were for a cheap price. Maybe under $10 or $5.

But seriously, PLEASE COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS OR MESSAGE ME! I REALLY NEED OPINIONS!