Chapter 27: Worth

Yixing and Kris. Yixing and Kris. That's fine, right? Yixing and Kris. Yixing and Kris. I don't even know why I'm worried?

"BYUN BAEKHYUN!!!"

Baekhyun gasps when he snaps out due to Luhan's painful screech beside him. "What?"

"Don't what me. I've been calling you since forever. Why are you in a daze?" Luhan says, pouting, while turning beside him to grab some fruits Chanyeol gave them before leaving. It's a blessing Kai came back after Chanyeol's gone or else it's going to be even more awkward. Other than that, Chanyeol agreed to let Baekhyun take the day-off he badly needed. Luhan leaned back, giving Baekhyun a slice of apple and then throws some oranges to Kai and Sehun. Baekhyun bites from the apple and munches as he slowly drifts back into thinking about Yixing and Kris and Luhan, noticing how Baekhyun's staring at nowhere again, slaps his hands on Baekhyun's cheeks. "BAEKHYUN!"

"I HAVE APPLE ON MY MOUTH!" Baekhyun yells while desperately keeping the bits of apple inside his mouth.

"STAY WITH ME BRAH!"

Baekhyun shoves Luhan away. "What the hell is your problem?"

"No, what the hell is your problem?" Luhan retorts crossing his arms. "You've been blank lately."

Baekhyun should really tell Luhan about Kris and Yixing coming but he feels like the other two audience, Kai and Sehun, doesn't need to know about why they're coming. Still, Luhan would never take his shit if he tells him nothing's wrong. Luhan's 'best friend instinct' is quite the force to be reckoned with. He sighs as he turns to face Luhan. He swallows the apple he was chewing before finally saying, "Kris and Yixing are coming to Seoul."

It's like everyone thought about doing the same thing when a weird pause happened and finally they all yelled at the same time. "WHAT?!"

"Yixing?!"

"Kris?"

"Yixing's coming? Cool!"

Amidst the confusion, Baekhyun, Luhan and Sehun seemed to have noticed the same thing when they all turned to Kai after sprouting his happiness, their eyebrows crooked. "Why are you so happy?" Baekhyun asks.

"Yeah, why are you so happy?" Sehun and Luhan second, both sounding offended.

"Uh," Kai glanced at each of their confused faces. "Well, Yixing is cool! If I had a brother, I'd want it to be him!"

"You do have a brother." Sehun says from his bed but was unfortunately ignored. Luhan just laughs at Sehun pouting.

"So, when are they coming?" Kai asks while messing Sehun's hair in which Sehun pushed him away with a pout.

"Next week," Baekhyun answers, nodding. "Yeah, next week."

This is probably the first time Baekhyun has wanted to get inside the Park Industries building so bad. It's fucking air conditioned and air condition is what he needs the most right now because he's sweating like crazy thanks to Lu-fucking-han and that bad luck he was born with.

Chanyeol's secretary, Yoonhye, immediately greets him once he was spotted walking to the elevator. "Ma'am, here are the sales for this month. And these are the lists of the weapons that need to be reviewed."

Baekhyun presses the button and sighs as he feels the cold air. "Yoonhye, the moment. Come on. Let me enjoy the moment."

Yoonhye scans Baekhyun and finally notices the sweat. "You're sweating, Miss Baekhee. What happened? It's not that hot outside, is it?"

"Someone thought he can cook and used the kitchen. I tell you, when you think you can cook, don't step into the kitchen and cook." Baekhyun walks inside the elevator when it finally opens and Yoonhye follows. "Our kitchen exploded so I had to help him clean it up." The memory is pain. Baekhyun shakes his head.