Chapter 5: Rich Bastards and Job Hunting

"You what?"

"I said I'm quitting modeling because Kai found me a new job."

Baekhyun dropped his coffee on the table. "Are you kidding?"

Luhan sighed and walked to the refrigerator to refill his milk. "Baek, you know the reason why I moved here in Korea was to find a good job. Besides, we need a new source of income. The money we earn in modeling is not enough. We need TV, oven, and whatnot. Plus, this house is so expensive."

"What do you need the TV for?"

Luhan closed the refrigerator and turned back to Baekhyun. "For entertainment purposes. Which is why, you, Byun Baekhyun, also need to find a new job, a better new job."

"I do have a job."

"No, you don't. Modeling is like the part-time job of everything. You don't even walk in the runway."

Baekhyun crossed his arms and leaned on the counter. "It's still a job."

Luhan rolled his eyes and walked closer. "Come on Baek, you graduated Law for Christ's sake. You're gonna let Chanyeol who graduated in a normal university here in Korea to have all the money when you graduated from Harvard? You're practically over-qualified. You send in your resume, companies are going to kill each other to get you."

"You know the reason I ran away was to leave all of those behind. Look, the Baekhyun you see in front of you right now is not the Baekhyun who graduated from Harvard. Is that too hard?"

Luhan sighed in defeat. "You're impossible. Well, at least find something that will suit your taste...except for modeling."

"Like what?"

"Like being an editor, writer, manager, anything." Luhan shrugged. "Just know this... we are in desperate need of money."

Wow that actually scared Baekhyun.

A car horn startled them both and they peak from the window. "Oh, that's Kai." Luhan said while walking to the living room. Baekhyun immediately followed. "We're going to that university for my internship."

"Well...good luck."

Luhan grabbed his coat and opened the door. "Remember what I said Baek! I'll call you later!"

Baekhyun watched as Luhan disappear behind the calendar and sticky notes. He sighed heavily.

Not that he was feeling alone or something. But to be honest, the silence is deafening. They do need a TV.

He grabbed his coffee and the newspapers with him as he settled on the couch—of course still in his pajamas—and started scanning the job advertisements. He hasn't even started yet and his head is already aching. Screw Luhan.

He left the piled newspapers and proceeded to his bedroom to wash.

--

Whoever said that job hunting is fun should die right now.

Wearing his favorite leather jacket, white pants and boots (what? Boots are a must), Baekhyun started his search at the nearest openings. To be honest, he doesn't really know what he likes other than his job—part-time job—well all he does is stand and pose and smile and voila, money. Don't make him talk or you'll go home crying. Don't make him write or your nose will bleed. Basically, a job he wants is the kind where he'll just sit there and do nothing and by the end of the day, he's get enough money to buy Luhan's TV.

Of course it doesn't work that way.

So now he's sitting here, trying to determine whether the secretary is on drugs. "Excuse me?" He asked with an attitude.