Alexander, without knowing about the amulet given by Thanatos, panicked.

Thankfully, his sword mastery was of a much higher level than Cedar's.

In a blink of an eye, Alexander forcefully pulled the sword that already penetrated through Cedar's skin, missing the heart by only a hairsbreadth. The Prince then twisted his wrist to free himself from Cedar's grasp and threw the sword away from them. The sword of truth then stabbed the thick wooden wall, only leaving the hilt unburied.

Gale was shocked by the quick turn of events and just blinked blankly as if she couldn't feel her wound.

"Are you crazy?!" Alexander yelled at his knight as he held both of Cedar's shoulder. "You could have died! Stupid!"

"Bu-but... It was the only way that I-"

"Can't you wait for a minute before deciding things on yourself? Didn't you even consider that I might be willing to listen to you, you dolt?!" As the prince scolded Cedar, he started to apply a basic no-cast healing spell to close his knight's wound. "Shit! Just be thankful that it didn't reach your heart. Or else, no magic would be able heal you, moron!"

"Wait... did you just called me an idiot three times?"

With that question, Alexander couldn't help but to stare at Cedar with a dumbfounded expression. "That was your problem?! Seriously? After almost dying, that was the thing you're concerned about?!"

"Ugh... er... sor--huh?"

Gale was surprised again as Alexander abruptly hugged him tightly in his arms as the latter also kneeled on the floor.

"Really... you'll be the death of me..." as if his strength were drained, Alexander muttered those words in a whisper with a tone of relief as he buried his face on Cedar's neck.

At the sametime, Gale's face was beet-red!

"Holy macaroni!!! Stop it! Your breath tickles my ears and neck!... Ah... and that voice... why is it so sexy?... I wanna hear that voice calling my name in bed... hmm... hmm..."  Truth be told, even though she just experienced a nerve-wracking situation where her life could be lost, whenever this prince touches her, she can't seem to think straight. (Author: actually, she's just sexually deprived. lol)

"With that kind of decisiveness to the point of being recklessly stupid, I'm now sure that you're Cedar..." While Gale's mind was wandering about, Alexander's sentence brought her back.

"Your Highness, if I remembered correctly, you pointed your sword at me first." she reminded the prince.

"That was only for caution, airhead."

"Please don't call me that."

"I'll call you anything as I please..."

"Of course you will..."

"..."

"My lord, remember the poisonous armagunda?"

"Nn..."

"That... that actually killed the old Cedar."

After saying those words, Gale felt that Alexander's body had tensed up. However, he didn't respond to her.

"Your Highness?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you hear what I've just said?"

"Yeah."

"..."

"..."

"...anyway, why are you still hugging me?"

"..."

"My Prince, this..."

"Shut up. Let me recharge first before you give me the rest of your ridiculous story."

"...but we still need to resume our travel to Timbreford. We need to talk about this now."

"I said shut up. Let me think first."

"Your Highness... I'm not against about you trying to sort your thoughts... but we're both male and this position is kind of..."

"Can't friends offer their shoulder to one another?"

"T-they can..."

"but definitely not in this way! Damn you! What about my own thoughts? What about my heart?"

However, Gale could only rant inside her head and let the prince rest on her shoulder.

After all, even if she and the past Cedar was of a single soul, the entity who was alongside the prince in all those years was already gone.

(Ha... after 20 chapters... it finally felt like the story is starting. lol! Thank you for reading!)