It became very obvious very quickly that your relationship with Ethan was not going to fizzle out after a month. Sure, your nightly dates couldnt continue for as long as you would have liked, because you both had demanding jobs, but that didnt put any sort of strain on your relationship. No amount of time was too little or too much, whatever you got and whenever you got it, that time was enough, and it was perfect. You cant explain it, but the two of you just fit together, you work so well together that you cant even comprehend it. The amount of times you would call each other just to keep each other company as you did work at home, and you would still be on the phone at 3am, completely oblivious to the amount of time that had past, it blew both of your minds. And you thought procrastination was bad? Try being in love.

Midnight into morning coffee, burning through the hours talking, damn.

You were never the most confident person. You had insecurities like everyone else, but your insecurities affected you in a very negative way. Some of your biggest insecurities were your smile, and the way you looked when you laughed. How ironic it was that the physical signs of you being happy, made you feel the saddest. It didnt take Ethan very long to pick up on this. He noticed on the day you met that whenever you smiled, you looked down to hide your face behind your hair as best as you could, and you always covered your mouth with your hand when you laughed. Those were things that you werent even aware you did, because you did them subconsciously. Ethan made a point to make you smile and laugh as much as he possibly could (not that it was a difficult thing for him to do, even without trying), and he would throw you the odd compliment here and there whenever he did. He would tell you he loved your smile, that it was beautiful, and that your laugh was his favourite sound. Whenever you smiled, Ethan would smile back, but when you hid your face, he pouted like a sulking child, and this became a game between the two of you, because both of you just wanted to see the other smile. Over time, your insecurities surrounding your smile and laugh disappeared, simply because you were so used so smiling and laughing more than you ever had before, you didnt even notice yourself smiling or laughing when you caught sight of your reflection, let alone cringe at it like you did before. The happiness that Ethan brought to your life was something you had never experienced before, and you began falling in love with how he made you feel, while simultaneously falling in love with him.

I like me better when I'm with you,

Your whole life changed the second you met Ethan, and the fact that it was all such a coincidence made it all the more magical, forgive the cliché. You'd had an incredibly rough day at work, you had seemingly endless piles of paperwork waiting for you to complete as soon as you got home, and you were dreading it, so, to postpone it as long as you could, you decided to go into the local coffee shop just down the street from your apartment. There was nothing and nobody out of the ordinary, until you got up to leave, and you accidentally walked straight into a guy holding his cup of coffee, spilling it all over him. While you apologised profusely, you looked up, only to find the angriest man you had ever witnessed staring down at you. Before you even had time to process what was going on, he started shouting in your face, hurling verbal abuse at you for not looking where you were going. In complete shock, you continued to apologise pathetically, your eyes fixed on the floor. It was then, somebody else joined the conversation. A kind voice urged the man to quieten down, and even offered to buy him another coffee, so long as the angry guy left you alone. Rather than accepting the offer, the guy stormed out, and a gentle voice asked if you were alright. After such a stressful day and being exposed to unexpected shouting like that, the kind concern of this man broke you, and you started crying. How romantic, that the very first time Ethan saw you, you were ugly crying in the middle of a coffee shop. Regardless, he comforted you, sat down at a table with you and helped you calm down, then walked you home, asked for your number, and that was it.