Crazy Town

In the morning, Eliza woke, lying in her own bed. "Wakey wakey!" Jerome said. She looked at him confused and her eyes scanned him up and down quickly before looking at his eyes. "I like what I see." He said and nicely sat on her bed. "I'll give you more scars if you touch me." She warned. "Oh, I won't. Not yet." He growlingly charmed. "What the hell do you want?" She asked, with a jerk of her chin. "I have a huge debut to make today. And everyone has their parts. I want to tell you, yours." He answered, then gave a grimaced smile. "I'm listening." She responded. "Glad you'll comply! At exactly two in the afternoon, I want you to find Jim Gordon and tell him I'm throwing a show on main street." He ordered. "Sure. Whatever." She said. "Can you get out of my room now?" She asked. "Yes." He responded and stood. "I can't wait for the after party. Don't go too far. I have other plans for you." He said and left her room, wiggling his fingers as he left. She quickly got out of bed and dressed then left her room and listened. The front door shut and Oswald was hobbling away from it. "Eliza? Martin?!" He called out.

Eliza looked to Martin as he came out of his room she tilted her head to the stairs and he hurried to them and headed down. She followed behind him. "What did he say to you?" Oswald asked. "He wants me to tell Jim he's throwing a show on Main Street. At exactly two in the afternoon." Eliza answered. "Did he touch you?" Oswald asked Martin. Martin shook his head. Oswald look to Eliza. "I'd have cut him." She said. "He really gives me the creeps. And he knows you two are here now. Is there somewhere safe that you know where you can hide and with him?" He asked her. She thought for a moment. "Yes." She told him. "Good! Take him. And go. Run, Eliza. And don't look back, don't come for me and don't leave the place. Protect him. And yourself." He said, almost in a panic. "Okay. Let's go." She said and walked Martin ahead but Oswald stopped her. She looked to him. "In case I don't make it out of this..." He hesitated. She felt curious and a little bit scared. He pulled her close into tight embrace. "I love you! I love you both! I really do!" He said. She put her arms around him and held him too. Not knowing if she should say the words back or not. Her heart didn't belong to him, exactly. Not even to Victor Zsasz anymore. But she felt empathy.

Oswald let go of her and she let go of him then he hugged Martin. "What about what I was told to do?" She asked. "You serve me. Not him. Go and hide. Now." He told her. She took Martin's hand and hurried off with him. They went to The Narrows and down the first flight of stairs. Edward looked to them. "What the...?" He questioned. "Something big is going down. And we have to hide here. Oswald's orders." She said and went past him. "Wh...hang on!" He said and followed her. "What do you mean? What happened last night?" He asked. "While you had your little show, a pale skinned, scar faced psychopath was in the Mansion. And he's gonna do something." She said and went into his room with Martin. Riddler followed and closed the door. "Oh God. That's Jerome Valeska. You've been in this city and don't know who he is?" He asked. "Now that you mention it...was he on tv a while ago in the Precinct?" She asked. "Yes! He is a total psychopath!" Riddler claimed. "Well he's planning something! And it sounds like it's life or death." She said. "Oswald's doing what he's been told but I think he has a plan to screw it up for Jerome." She said. "He still has some heart left in him. That or, he really wants to be your hero." Riddler said.

"So what do we do? Just stand here? Do nothing?" He asked. "Something will be done." She told him. A few hours passed and neither of the three of them spoke a word. Eliza watched the time. "Why do you keep watching the time?" Riddler asked. "Jerome told me to find Jim Gordon at two and tell him he's throwing a show on Main Street." She replied. "What?! Oh...that maniac. He wants to draw a big crowd. For some reason." Riddler said, then started giving thought as to why. She looked at the time. 1:30 pm. "I'm going." She said. "You're gonna do as he says?" Riddler spoke. "Jim won't go by his plan. He'll have his own." She said, and fled the room. Leslie looked to her confused. "Martin and I are hiding here. We have to. Turn on the news. It'll explain." She said and hurried upstairs. "Be careful!" Leslie shouted. Eliza hurried up the second set of stairs and rushed out the door.