The Next Move

Eliza was lead by guards to a room with a huge window. The room had a green hue to it. She looked at a door opened and Oswald was lead in, wearing black and white horizontal stripes. "Eliza!" Oswald said happily. She smiled and walked around the table then hugged him. A guard rapped on the metal cage wall with his baton. They let go of each other and she pulled a chair out at one side of the table. Oswald sat down on the other side. "I am very glad to see you." He told her. "I'm glad to hear that. What can I do for you, boss?" She asked him. "An old friend is back. And I need you to find him. And work a plan." He said. "A plan?" She asked. "Yes." He responded and gave a darkly half grin. Later after their visit, she went in search for Edward Nygma. Keeping in mind he wears an emerald suit. She searched in The Narrows. After going down a flight of steps, she looked in rooms. Opening a door she looked in to see a man in an emerald suit, sitting on a mattress. He looked to her. "Who are you?" He asked. She entered and closed the door behind herself. "Eliza. I work for Oswald." She said. "Oh. I see he got a new girlfriend." He said. "No. I was, Victor Zsasz's. Until he turned his back on us." She said. "What?" Edward asked as he rose to his feet. "You, were in love with Victor Zsasz?" He asked. She inhaled then exhaled deeply.

Edward began to laugh. And applauded. "Oh that's GREAT!" He said. "I had no idea the crazy hitman could even have a lover! But why have you come to me?" He asked. "There is a plan. And you're a key role in it." She said. "I'm listening." He responded. The two of them left and hurried upstairs then left The Narrows. While heading away together, he started conversation. "So tell me, was Victor soft with you?" He asked. "No." She responded, short. "Oh. Well that certainly changes every aspect I had of that relationship. So he turned on you. Why?"
"After Don Falcone died, he took to serving Sofia. He told a lie and turned in Oswald. But this will prove him innocent."
"So you like Oswald more, that's why you didn't stick with Victor and serve her too! Hey! You have a very smart mind."
"He also fought me and nearly choked me to death." Edward gasped. "I would never put a hand on your throat." He said. "So we're gonna prove Oswald innocent, and break him out. And then get Sofia Falcone. I am in LOVE with this plan!" He said. During the night, she snuck into an apartment and into a room that Martin was sleeping in. She wrote notes on his notepad and let the papers settle quietly then looked to him sleeping, with a small smile. And slipped back out quietly then joined Edward again. "You are so slick! Did he teach you?" He asked. "He taught me everything he knows." She told him. "This is so good. You're gonna be a great asset to the team." He told her. "Imagine, we could use you little puppet. If you were Victor Zsasz's lover, he wouldn't kill you." He said. "But he proved he wouldn't hesitate." She told him. "Yes he did. Trust me sweetheart, if he wanted you dead you would be." He said and walked on. She stopped and gave it thought then realised. He would have. "Come along!" Edward charmed, as he kept walking ahead.

She caught up to him. "What does he call you anyway?" He asked. "Pussycat." She answered. "Oh wow. What a nickname. He really had a thing for you. Definitely. Use that against him. And he'll be in the palm of your hands." He informed her. He helped her sneak into The Narrows and into his area. "I don't have to stay the night with you." She said. "Where else are you gonna go? The Club is occupado with what's her face and her whippy friend. You'll all destroy the Club with your fighting. And Victor will probably find you and drag you to Sofia. So, here is the only place. And I need this plan to work. And for it to work, you need to be somewhere safe. This is the safest place you can be. For now." He said. "You like me." She said. "Riddler does. Yes. Because you're wild." He said. "You can take the bed. Goodnight." He told her and he sat in a chair. She sat on the bed then turned over onto her left side and closed her eyes.

In the morning, she woke and seen a hand over her waist and an emerald sleeve. She began to move and his arm stayed in position. She looked to him and his eyes opened. "Morning." He said. "We have to get Martin." She told him. "Right! The boy. Let's get on it!" He said and turned over then stood and went to his hat. She got off the bed and got her long black jacket on. He put on his bowler hat and gloves then headed to the door. "Ladies first." He said and opened the door. She walked out and he followed. The two of them left The Narrows and she made a small detour. "Don't we go this way?" He asked. "Gotta get my toy!" She said. "I like the sound of that." He said. She went to a man with a van and gave him money then he gave her a small rocket launcher. "Oh! Wow!" Edward exclaimed. "Roll your tongue back in. We got business to do." She said and walked on. "No wonder Zsasz liked you." Edward said and followed. "Tell me, do you wish you could point that at him?" He asked her. "Why is my past relationship with Zsasz so interesting to you?" She asked him. "I never thought that would happen! In a million years!" He said. "Well, head in the game, Riddler. We've got a boy to get." She said. "Right." He added.

She stopped by a building. "I'll get to the floor across. Go inside. After I send this thing in and all is clear, get Martin and get out of there." She said. "You got it miss." He told her. She went inside the apartment across and he went inside the apartment. Going up the stairs he grinned then stopped by the floor and waited. She took perch across and looked through an open window into the kitchen across the alley, into the apartment next door. "Come on Martin." She encouraged, impatiently. She breathed then blinked. Martin entered the kitchen and turned on the burners then went away. She kept her finger at the trigger and kept watch. Edward looked at his pocket watch then put it back. "Any minute." He said. Two thugs entered the kitchen and looked to the stove. She pulled the trigger then stood with the weapon as the kitchen blew up. She slung the weapon over herself then hurried out. Edward walked to the front door and kicked it open then walked in. He went past the bodies in the smoke and light then looked to Martin. "Uncle Penguin sent me to get you." He said then smiled to the boy. He put his hand out and Martin took his hand and hurried out with him.

Eliza left the building next door and looked. Edward came out of the apartment with Martin. She got on one knee and put her arms out. Martin left Edward and hurried to her and held her. She hugged him tightly. "Aaawww. You also have a little friend. Now I can picture the whole family." Edward said. "We're not done yet." She said as she stood and took Martin's hand in hers. "You still have to get Oswald." She said. "Right." Edward responded. They left the apartments with Martin and she told Edward a plan to get Oswald and she'll keep Martin safe. "What should I tell him?" Edward asked her. "Just say that he's safe." She said. Then they parted ways.