A War Started

Oswald came storming into a room that Victor and Eliza was in. "I just received DEVASTATING news. And I need you to come with me. And Zsasz? Get the Dentist." He commanded. Victor gave a half grin then strided away. "Who's the dentist?" Eliza asked. "Oh. You'll see." Oswald replied then hobbled away. Eliza followed him out of the Club. They left to the house Sofia Falcone was residing in. As they entered, Oswald faced Sofia and began telling her angrily how he knows she kissed Jim Gordon. Eliza tilted her head and put her hand on the handle for her knife. Sofia congratulated Oswald on knowing about her. "Can I kill her now?" Eliza asked. Victor half grinned and huffed. "No." Oswald replied. "Bring him in!" Victor called out. Oswald told Sofia about The Dentist and how he doesn't leave his victims behind. Then commanded Victor and Eliza to tie her to a chair. They both grabbed her and forced her into a chair then began to bind her. "Why do you hate me so much?" Sofia asked Eliza. "Is it jealousy? I get that a lot." Sofia said. "Can I staple her mouth?" Eliza asked. "No. The Dentist needs it open." Victor said. Eliza sighed with exasperation then finished and stood. "We could be friends you know? I see how powerful and intimidating and driven you are." She said. "She'll never work for a Falcone." Victor said then made a click sound and tilted his head then walked away. Eliza followed him. "Where to now, boss?" Victor asked Oswald. "Back to the Club." He said. Victor drove back with Eliza and Oswald and the three of them entered. "I'm going to talk to Martin. You two...do whatever you want." Oswald said and headed to his office. Victor looked to Eliza. She left to the bar then started to fix herself a drink.

He walked to the bar with his stride and slowly sat down on a stool. "Your time will come to prove your worth." He said. "Really? When? Because all it seems like is I'm just for show. And doing little things." She said. "Listen, if we kill Sofia Falcone, then we will have her father after us. We don't want that. We want her back home where she should stay. And you won't have to worry about her ever again." He said and leaned onto the bar. "And you'll still be the most feared woman in Gotham." He added. She kind of smiled and he grabbed the back of her head and kissed her hard and passionately. The phone began to ring and he stopped and looked at it. "I have to get that." He said and left his stool then grabbed the phone. "What do you want?" He asked. Eliza watched him and sipped her drink. "Prove it." He said and listened. "Fine. I'll tell him. But you're gonna pay for this." He said and marched off to Oswald's office with the phone. Eliza watched and listened to the conversation. Barbara Kean had Sofia Falcone. Oswald talked to Barbara over the phone then hung up and told Victor to take the biggest thing he's got and end them. "It would be my pleasure. But then Falcone will come to town to take care of US." Victor said. "I don't care! I'll deal with that when it comes! Just end those bitches NOW!" Oswald demanded. Victor headed out. Eliza watched him leave then left the bar and went into the office. "What about me, boss?" She asked. "Take care of Martin while I wait for the call that it's been done." He said and gestured for Martin to join Eliza then looked to her. "I trust you. With him. And that means a lot. For me to trust somebody." He said. "But I am also very, VERY unhappy that he lied to me." He said and hobbled to his chair. Martin looked upset and Eliza gently placed her hand on his back and guided him out of the office. "Let's play some cards. That doesn't usually involve talking." She said. She sat down in a booth across from Martin and took some cards out then began to deal them. Martin was writing on his notepad then he held it out to Eliza. He wrote "I'm really sorry. I was forced to lie to him. I didn't want to." She gave a little smile. "Sofia will pay for using you as a pawn in her little game. Don't you worry about that." She said then picked up her cards. Martin was writing again then he held it out to her. "Thank you pretty lady." He wrote. She smiled. "My name is Eliza. And you're quite welcome." She said. He smiled then began to play cards with her.

After a little while, Victor returned. "Is it done?" Eliza asked while relaxing in a different booth and Martin beside her. Victor stopped and looked at them. "Why's the kid with you?" He asked. "I was told to babysit." She said. She expressed she didn't really care. "Yeah I did the deed. Sorry. I know you wanted to." He told her. "It's okay. At least one of us took care of the problem." She said. "Are we...having a fight?" Victor asked her. "I don't know. Are we?" She asked snarky. Oswald hobbled in. "Enough of your arguments! We have her killed. Now there is another task at hand." Oswald said. "Martin, go back into my office. I have to talk to these two." He said. Martin looked at Eliza then hopped off the booth seat and left into Oswald's office. "We need to celebrate." He said and laughed. Eliza smiled and so did Victor. "Drinks on me!" Oswald said and approached the bar. The three of them were having drinks when Jim Gordon walked in. "Jim! What do I owe the pleasure?" Oswald asked. "Sofia came by today and told me you attacked her." He said. "That is true. I did. I learned about her betrayal and I had enough." Oswald replied. "Still, it wasn't the right thing to do." Jim replied. "Victor, Eliza, would you give us a minute?" Oswald asked. Eliza and Victor walked away to give them some privacy. "She's alive?" Eliza asked. "I sent a rocket into their hideout. They must have got out." He said. "Whatever. I hope that cop gets her out of Gotham for good." She said and crossed her arms. Jim started heading to the door and looked to Victor and Eliza. Victor look at him. "Sofia Falcone is on a train leaving Gotham." He told. "Thanks. Glad she's leaving." Victor said. "Are you two...?" He asked. Eliza looked at Jim. "Never thought you'd find somebody as crazy as you are." Jim said and walked out. "VICTOR! ELIZA!" Oswald yelled.

They both ran to his office and went inside. "Martin has been kidnapped! Find him! Now!" He demanded. "Sofia has to know where he is." Victor said. "Then get on that train and GET HER!" Oswald demanded. Victor hurried out. "Eliza, find Barbara and interrogate her for whatever she wants. However you want to do so. Then report back to me. Got it?" He asked. "Absolutely. And..." she paused and rested her hand on his shoulder. He looked at her hand then to her eyes. "They'd better not have laid a hurtful hand on that boy. Or I'll cut them open myself." She said. "Do it." He told her. She let go and ran off to find Barbara Kean. When she did, she came across Selina who went for a kick but Eliza grabbed her leg and threw her down then ran to Barbara and pulled out her knife then jumped onto her, knocking her down and pressing the cold blade to her neck. "Hey!" Tabitha yelled, to get Eliza's attention. Eliza looked up to see her holding a knife to Martin. "Let her go, or the kid gets it." Tabitha warned. "Do it. See what I do to you after." Eliza snarled. "Geez. This girl is worse than Zsasz." Barbara said. Eliza looked down to her. "What do you want from Oswald?" Eliza asked. "To meet him under the bridge. He knows where. Just tell him. We'll bring the kid." Barbara said. "Any of you harm the child? You'll be on my hit list." Eliza warned and stood. She put her blade back and looked to Martin then walked away. She returned to the Iceberg Lounge and met with Victor and Oswald. "She said to meet her under the bridge." She told him. "What bridge? There's several of them! How am I....ooohhh." Oswald realised. "I have a plan." He said. And told them what was the idea. They all got in the car after Sun down and left. "Sure hope this works." Victor said. "It will." Oswald said, confidently. Eliza was riding in the back beside Oswald. "Don't forget your part." He told her. "How can I? It's simple." She replied. He looked at her. "He will be safe." She said. "Good. I'm trusting you. And that means something." Oswald said. The car stopped and she looked down then moved the manhole cover under the hole in the car and began to climb down as Oswald set a sign then left the car the same time as Victor. Eliza climbed down the ladder then stepped away from it and waited patiently. A few minutes later, Martin was climbing down the ladder. "Oh! Good boy!" She said and smiled. He looked at her then climbed down and hugged her. She hugged him then took his hand in hers. "We must hurry." She told him and they started to run down the tunnel. There was an explosion and they looked back to see flickering light. "That's our trick." She said and turned left and continued down the tunnel. "We're so going to need to get clean after this." She said. He nodded his head. She made it to another manhole cover and looked up. "Five, four, three, two..." She counted down then the cover moved aside and Victor looked down. "Ah! Good pussycat! Come up." He said. She lifted Martin and he began to climb up. She watched him go up and was helped out by Victor then she climbed up and was helped out and got in the car as he covered the hole again then got in the car and took off. They went back to the Lounge and were in Oswald's office. "Victor is going to take you to a car that is going to take you somewhere safe. Far from here." Oswald said. Eliza stood behind Victor, looking over his shoulder. Martin wrote on his notepad and held it out to Oswald. "I know. But someday, when you are older, you will understand." Oswald told him. Martin put his notepad down and wrapped his arms around him. Oswald held him too. Eliza rested her hands on Victor's shoulder and smiled a little. Victor rolled his eyes. "Okay!" Oswald said and moved Martin aside. "Take him away." He commanded Victor. "Let's go, kid." Victor said and began to leave. Eliza stood back and held her hands respectively behind herself. Martin wrote on his notepad and tore the piece off then gave it to Eliza and walked out of the room. Following Victor. "What did he say?" Oswald asked her. She turned the note to him. He wrote "Bye".