74. My turn

The door opened and Stiles walked out. I smiled and he smiled back
"You OK?" He nodded and sat next to me.
"Cassandra?" Ms. Morrell called me in
"Coming."
"Good luck."
"Thanks." I sighed and walk inside, closing the door behind me. I sat on the chair, silent
"Are you OK?"
"Yeah, I guess. I don't like my life right now, but I'm not thinking about suicide. That's a good thing. Especially for me."
"What do you mean?"
"I have a past filled with depression."
"It doesn't say so in your files."
"That's because no one ever knew. No one could put it in my file."
"Do you have an idea why you had a depression?"
"Yeah, not that hard to guess. After I lost my family. I didn't know what to do with my life. I actually tried to take my own life, but it didn't work. Life just wouldn't give up on me and now I know that's a good thing."
"Even though everything that has happened?"
"Even though everything that happened. I don't feel like I should, but I guess that's normal."
"You could say that."
"I never thought to say this, but somewhere I'm glad I'm still alive. I still have my friends. And that's all I had in a long time. It feels like it's all I need. The fact that I could go to Stiles when I needed him helps. We didn't talk much, but if I would have been alone I don't think I would be sitting here, I think I would be still in my bed. I had trouble getting out today. More than normally. I wasn't really looking forward to our talk to be honest. I didn't want to say everything I feel out loud. I still don't want to. I'm only here because I made Stiles come."
"You made Stiles come?"
"Yeah, he didn't want to come, neither did, but I thought facing the things that you're afraid of helps. At least I hoped it would."
"You could have talked about it with him."
"I don't think so. I wasn't ready to talk about it myself. I still don't feel like I should be talking about it. You weren't there. You shouldn't know everything I feel about it. Maybe Stiles should talk an outsider, but this just feels like you're intruding on my thoughts."
"You're one of the first people who actually say that to me. Why you didn't want to come. Why you don't feel right telling me all this. Most people just don't tell me everything, but don't tell me that."
"I'm not most people. You'll never see someone else like me. I'm one in a kind and the thing is that you don't know why. You see something in me, but you can't place your finger on it. And you feel like your studies haven't prepared you for this and you're right, but you don't want to give in to it. You want to be able to say why you can't place your finger on why I'm saying everything you're feeling right now." Ms. Morrell looked at me and in her eyes I saw a spark of shock.
"You're shocked that everything I say is exactly what you're feeling." The more I speak, the more I see the spark grow in her eyes
"Don't be afraid. I'm always be able to say these thing. It's not just you. I just know people who have studied psychology. You're all the same. You can't stand the fact that you don't know something. Anyway, I don't have anything else to say." I take my bag and walk to the door
"Thank you. This really didn't help at all, but it's not like I hoped it would." I open the door and walk outside. When Stiles sees me he stands up and we walk away
"That was fast."
"But still too long for me." I say and we walked to out class

Tonight is the night of the game. I put on some warm clothes and get in my car. Scott called me to tell me Jackson's playing tonight so I had to go tonight. I drive to the lacrosse field at school and I sit on the tribune, waiting for the game to begin. Stiles' dad came and sit next to me
"Hey, Cassandra."
"Hey." My attention was diverted when Scott's mom sat on the other side of me. That's the last person I thought to see here.
"Scott's on the bench."
"What?"
"The principal, he's one of the bad guys, isn't he?" She whispers in my ear and I nod
"How do you--"
"He has that lizard person under his control."
"What? No, he can't."
"He let that thing hold me of the ground with his tail, I'm pretty sure he has it under control."
"That changes things a little I guess." The guys came out and Scott and Stiles sat at the bench. I see them talk, but Stiles' dad keeps talking to me.
"I'm sorry, I'm gonna talk to them for a minute." I say, I get up and I sit right behind them
"I guess we're having a problem?" I say and they look behind and nod. Stiles looked back at Scott
"We're losing, dude." Right when Stiles said it, coach walked behind them
"The hell are you talking about? Game hasn't even started." Coach looked at Stiles
"Now put on your helmet and get out there. You're in for Greenberg."
"What? What happened to Greenberg?"
"What happened to Greenberg? He sucks. You suck... slightly less."
"I'm playing? On the field? With the team?"
"Yes, unless you'd rather play with yourself."
"I already did that today, twice." I held back a laugh, but a smile was showing.
"Get the hell out there!" The coach pushed Stiles' helmet in his arms and I went back to Melissa and Stiles' dad
"Oh, no. Why is my son running out to the field?"
"Because he's on the team?" Melissa says
"He is." Stiles' dad stood up
"He's on the team. He- he's on the field. My son is on the field!" He yelled pumping his fist in the air. When he noticed everyone was looking at him he quietly sat back down.
"Scott, can you hear me?" A deep voice caught my attention. I looked at Scott and he tensed as well
"Ah, you can. Good. Then listen closely because the game is about to get interesting.Let's put a real clock on this game, Scott. I'll give you until the last 30 seconds. When that scoreboard clock begins counting down from 30, if you haven't given me Derek, then Jackson is gonna kill someone. So tell me, Scott, who's gonna die tonight? Should it be your mother, who so bravely came out to support you? Or the sheriff, your best friend's father? Or how about the pretty little redhead who managed to survive the bite of an Alpha?" Lydia sat beside me and I putted on a fake smile.
"Or maybe one of these innocent teenagers with their whole life ahead of them? Or maybe even your friend best friend, Cassandra? She's got this far, let's test how much further she'll get. Or should I do everyone a favor and kill that ridiculous coach? It's up to you, Scott. But you are going to help me take Derek down. Because if you don't, I'll have Jackson rip someone's head off right in the middle of the field and drench everyone you love and care about in blood." The sound of the whistle made the countdown start. And my heart started racing.
"I don't feel so good. I'm going for a walk. I think I have something in my car." I make my way through the supporters.