14. Derek at lacrosse practice

It was sunday and the thought of Stiles getting this close worries me. And Scott, I couldn't get Scott out of my mind. The look in his eyes. No one should have to see their best friend look at them like that. Wanna know the worst part? I can't get Derek out of my mind either, even though I don't have a reason. He's a werewolf. I hated the fact that he changed Scott, but he didn't, he couldn't. He's no alpha and only an alpha can do it. I never wanted to get involved with others, but I met a pack once. They told me everything and I knew they weren't the same kind as the ones mother tried to save us from. The whole day I was trying to find the best way of telling Scott and Stiles. They need to know, they deserve it and I think I know the best way.

The next day I woke up to the beeping of my alarm clock and remembered the fact that I needed to tell them and the thought of falling asleep wasn't there anymore. I stepped out of bed and into the shower. The soothing water against my skin made me relax a bit. I went to my closet and pulled out an outfit.

"It is the first day of school, not staying low after all." I encouraged myself. I went to my make-up table and did my hair and make-up.

"That'll do." I said when I looked at myself in the mirror. I grabbed my keys and drove to school. I drove into the school's parking lot and when I stepped out of my car everyone started whispering again

'Who's that?'

'Does she go here?'

'Is she new?'

'Is that Cassandra Nightingale?'

'Damn. She looks hot.'

I laughed at the last one. I went to Stiles and Scott.

"I thought that you only dressed like that to parties or at home?"

"Wait. How do you know how she dresses at home, Stiles?"

"Cause, ever since that one night, every time you've been at work or just not in a mood for him, he came to me."

"Really?" Scott said in a mocking voice and he smirked at Stiles

"And, Stiles, as answer to you're question. I'm just tired of staying low the whole time."

"Staying low?" Scott looked at me and just when I opened my mouth the bell rung.

"I'll tell after school,OK?"

"Sure." They said in unison. I smiled and went to my first class.

After school I saw Scott sitting on a bench on his own. I was thinking about going to him when I saw Allison walk his direction. Ah, that's why he sat there on his own. Sorry, Scott, but I can't help myself. I started eavesdropping on their conversation.

"So it happened. You left me stranded at the party."

"I know. And I'm really sorry. I am. But you've gotta trust me I got a really good reason."

"Did you get sick?"

"I definitely got an attack of something."

"You mind if I get a good explanation?"

"You just find it in your hart to trust me on this one?"

"Am I going to regret this?"

"Probably." She laughed and Scott moved a bit closer

"So is that a yes, I get a second chance?"

"Definitely yes." A car honked and they looked over

"That's my dad. I better go." Without another word said she went over to her dad and Scott turned around, but smelled something and turned back. I looked as well and saw ... The hunter from last night. Shit. He's her dad? Scott waved, clearly he was thinking the sale thing I did: shit.

Yeey, more drama! Scott went to lacrosse practice with total shock written al over his face. I was sitting on the tribune waiting for them to come out, thinking if it would be the right time to tell them I mean he just found out her dad's a hunter and I decided to wait i bit longer.They came out the locker room and Scott was still looking the same he did earlier. Everyone gathered and practice started.

"McCall! What are you waiting for?" The coach was yelling. Scott's turn. Scott ran straight into Jackson and was thrown on his back. Jackson said something offensive, of course 'cause he's Jackson, and the coach was doing the same thing, but I don't think he knows what 'being nice' means. Not a good move, I good hear his heartbeat rise.

"McCall's gonna do it again!" The coach yelled and Scott was standing back in the line. The coach blew the whistle an Scott ran back straight into Jackson, but this time it was Jackson who flew back. Scott stopped and dropped on the floor. Stiles ran to him and I did the same. I saw everyone else run to Jackson who was still laying down.

"I can't control it. It's happening."

"What right here? Now? OK, come on." Stiles and I helped him up and led him to the locker room. On our way there I smelled him again. Derek.

"Stiles, take him there. Make sure he doesn't hurt anyone."

"What? Where are you going?"

"I'll stay here and try to keep everyone out of there."

"OK." He ran and I could hear them. I went back to the field, to Derek.

"What are you doing here?"

"Trying to keep Scott out of trouble."

"Not really working, is it?"

"Why? The only one who's getting hurt now is that stupid friend of yours who think Scott wouldn't hurt him."

"He won't. Stiles'll find something."

"What if he doesn't? I'm too far now. I can't help."

"I'll help."

"What 'you'll help'? What can you do? You're just a human."

"You don't remember. Good."

"Remember what?"

"Our conversation in the woods."

"I showed you the way back to Scott's house."

"Sure about that?"

"24."

"What 24? What are you talking about?"

"Yes. Exactly."

"What? Derek stop fooling around what are you talking about?"

"Why do you act like a 16 year old?"

"That's private." I said when realization hit me in the face.

"How is this possible? How do you remember?"

"I don't know. I see this picture in my head and every time I think of her this is the conversation I hear between two voices. My voice and another I didn't recognize until now."

"Her? Who do you mean with her?"

"I don't know who she is. I see a picture of a beautiful woman, mid twenties. Blonde, curls, blue eyes. She looks a bit like ..."

"Me?"

"Yes, you. She looks like you."

"But, that's impossible. You shouldn't be able to remember."

"Why?"

"That's just not the way it works."

"What works?"

"Nothing. Never mind. Do you remember anything else?"

"No."

(A/N) So now she know he remembers that part. Who wants to know the rest of their conversation? 

Xoxo Lilly.