Chapter 14

unedited

We both looked at each other nervously not knowing what to do or how to react to both of our parents standing outside. 

"I think that the longer that we stay in here the angrier your dad will be." Emerson whispered to me. 

We both sighed as we got out of the car and my mom engulfed Emerson and I in a joined hug. My dad still fuming mad at him seeing Emerson and I hug. 

"Oh my oh my oh my!! I THINK I KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS YOU BOTH ARE-"

"MATES!!!" Emerson's mom finished my moms sentence. 

"So I need to know is when you both found out and were going to tell us?" my dad asked with his arms crossed. I know he was happy that Emerson and I were mates but still wanting to act like the big strong father figure. 

"Well I knew the moment I met her but I told her a couple hours ago about us being mates..." Emerson said wrapping an arm around me. 

"okay okay WELCOME SON" my dad said hugging both Emerson and I. 

"Common lets go inside and celebrate some more?" Emerson's dad said to us.

As we walked inside we had to tell both of our parents that Emerson was coming with me to Alpha Aden's pack and we had to leave tonight but at the same time celebrate about us being mates. 

"Dad Alpha Aden had asked for me to join Lu to going to their pack as the war is coming up." Emerson said. 

"I know son. Alpha Aden told me earlier about it and I know you have to leave due to the situation that has come up but lets have a meal together  to celebrate that you guys are mates." he said and smiled. 

"Can I talk to Lu for a moment?" Emerson asked a turned to 

We went to Emerson's room for a little bit and as I sat down on his bed crossing my legs he knelled down to me. 

"Lu I wanted to talk to you about what I talked about earlier in the car." 

"Okay shoot." I said

"I know that we talked about trying out becoming mates and I'm more then excited about us and now you know my feelings about you and how it was for me I wanted to know how you felt. And all the emotions your feeling currently since we hadn't talked about that." 

"Well my wolf had surfaced and we were aware about Camden being my mate but I knew my feelings for you were something I wanted to dismiss and say that it was just for us to be friends and nothing more then just us being friends. But that night at my cotillion when were dancing it felt more then just that. I felt a sense of calm and ease just dancing. I don't believe in finding happiness with another person. I think depending on someone or trying to find someone to make you happy isn't something that's not real. We will go on separate paths but when were together as mates were not alone going on our paths. You have been a part of my life for a long time. We have been there for one another for a long time as best friends and  I thought my feelings for you were just that suppressing them everyday and justifying that as just being friends. But I was afraid that when the feelings of mine for you as turning to something different was just nothing as me imaging it. I knew you had a mate somewhere out there. I didn't want you to have to choose because having a mate is something rare and something that we don't always get the opportunity to appreciate. My parents being mates was something I had always wanted. I knew the love they had to one another was genuine. I had feelings for Camden even though he would constantly bully me and put me down but my feelings for him were still there. But fighting my whole life for something I can't control, something that I was just born with. I fully appreciated being a hybrid and that just being me. He wasn't going to accept me for who I was and I was fine with that. I didn't want a mate who I knew I had a damaging past with. Our history together was damaged beyond compared. You weren't a second option to me. I would  have not accept Camden for what he had done to me. But for me to find my other mate was something I had expected. I thought it was in fairy tails but it turned out to be true. But I need things to be slow. I want it to transition to us having a relationship instead of jumping into a relationship right away. And the fact that war is coming won't be easy for our relationship but I want to make it as normal as it can be." I finished. 

I started to grab a bag that he needed for our trip to Alpha Aden's pack. 

"Lu I'm willing to wait for you. Any time regardless of anything we will go through I am willing to do anything and everything. You've been my best friend for years. This war will be the hardest obstacle  we will go through but we will get through it. And I will protect you with my life." He said as he hugged me from behind, nestling his head into my neck. Me, of course, being short and him being very tall compared to me felt nice. I felt content being around him as well.

"Common Emmy we have to start packing before it gets really late. Alpha Aden still has a meeting and our parents want to celebrate us being mates as well if you forgot for a second." I said as I punched him lightly. We packed fast for all the things he'll need. 

------------------

I watched them being happy. Them being 'mates' was something pissing off my wolf and honestly myself as well. I knew that I wanted to be happy. I want her to not deal with what I had put her through. 

She deserves everything I had failed to do for her. 

My wolf growled on the inside watching something that was meant for us but I had ruined it. I wanted to push away my feelings for her and change it to rage and anger. But I fucked up deeply with our mate bond.

I wanted to know if there was a way that we could be mates some how.  But after my conversation with Lu at her house. I don't see that light at the end of the tunnel anymore. I thought she would reject me but she left me having to feel everything that her and Emerson will go through with their mate bond. Along with their mate bond intensifying our mate bond will slowly weaken. 

My stupid self had seen the error in my judgement by turning some people against her for being a hybrid when she is the strongest out of anyone in this pack. I should've been there for her instead of against her. There is so many should've in my mind but I can't think about that right now.

My wolf feeling the affects more so now then ever. 

We took one last glance at Lu. Her smile is something I can't give her. I had only given her pain and now its my turn....

------------------------

DUN DUN DUN 

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY HAVE A BLESSED THURSDAY 

LOVE YOU ALL