Chapter 45: Blow Your Candles, Make A Wish

Charlotte's POV

I was feeling very anxious as I waited for the results. I'm pretty sure the doctor is talking with Vince outside the room. I fidgeted with my fingers as I looked outside the window staring at the plain city view. What could possibly go wrong again this time? First, I had to experience memory loss, then finding out that I was infertile. Hoping this time, it's nothing serious. Come to think of it, I have felt heavier and more exhausted even back in Taiwan. I get headaches a lot and my stomach aches sometimes, but I masked the pain from Vince. I really didn't want to let him worry again. We just got back not so easily and I'm not letting anything get in our happiness.

I heard the door clicked and I saw Vince stepping inside. His expression was really hard to read. I couldn't tell if he had heard good or bad news, but it was definitely bad — his poker face gave it away. I felt my body shaking as I stared at his worried face.

"Hey, baby! How are you feeling?" He said calmly as he approached me. He sat on the chair beside my bed and held my hands tightly. I smiled back weakly and quickly asked. "What did the doctor said?" Then I added, "I hope you could be honest with me."

He sighed heavily and his hold tightened. My heart starting to beat faster and I'm starting to sweat. Vince looked at me and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"The doctor said something has formed inside your body."

My body went numb and my lips quivered. "What has formed? Vince, if it needs surgery, then I wanted it to be done as soon as possible. You go tell the doctor that I'm ready anytime — now." I shook Vince's hands, and he seemed to notice that I'm already in my panic mode.

Vince shook his head and smiled. "But it has to wait after nine months at most, before it to be taken out of you." He spoke and my eyes widened.

"What did you say?" I asked but it was merely a whisper.

Is he saying that I am...

He nodded and grinned. "I'm going to be a dad! You are pregnant, baby."

I started crying and Vince quickly pulled me in a hug. "Don't lie to me, please!" I said in between tears.

Vince gently wiped away my tears as he kissed my forehead. "Baby, I'm not lying. We've seen the test results and you are in no doubt eight weeks pregnant."

I pulled away and gave him a questioning look. Vince laughed at my expression as he gently tugged my hair behind my ears. I cupped his face in between my hands and said. "I have done tests before and I'm clearly infertile. Stop messing around already!"

Vince raised his hands in surrender and started talking. "The test you made before was fake. The doctor, Rhainne Giovanni was not really a doctor. He recently got arrested and the court has yet to decide his fate. He tricked people to earn more money. A lot of households had fell in his trap and that includes you. He has destroyed a lot of people's lives and I'm not letting him destroy ours. He made you feel miserable and helpless. I'm not letting him off the hook that easily. He's going to fucking pay his mistakes."

I breathed out loudly and register in everything my boyfriend told me. "So I was scammed." I said and laughed at myself. "Of course, I should have done more tests to make sure things but I didn't."

Vince pulled me in a hug as he sat beside the bed with me. The bed was pretty huge actually so the both of us fits. Vince held my hands as he spoke. "I'm just very happy that you're fine, Charlotte. I can't and won't live without you." My eyes started to fill in with tears again as I hear those loving words.

"I love you very much, Vince." I whispered.

I looked down on my stomach as I placed my hand on top of my growing belly. "I thought I was getting fat because my pants were tighter than ever." I said and Vince chuckled. "You could gain more pounds, I won't mind and will still love you as always."