Chapter 30: The Revelation of The Truth

Vincent's POV

"Charlotte, wait!" I shouted but she already rode a cab and left.

What the hell just happened?

She wouldn't just slap me and then run away without an explanation.

I turned around and ran to Kate. As soon as I caught up to Kate and quickly grab her arm, I yelled at her. "What did you say to her?!"

She winced and said. "I didn't..."

"Bullshit!" I spat.

"She wouldn't slap me for nothing! So its either you say it or regret it later, Kate." My eyes narrowed at her and I warned her.

"I was just explaining myself... and I also told her that..." She shakily said but paused.

My hands on her arm tightened. "I won't ask again, what exactly did you tell her?!" I roared and Xavier ran to me and pulled me back.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Xavier pulled me back, away from Kate. "Chill, man."

I glared at him and hissed. "How can I chill when just minutes ago, Charlotte just slapped me across the face, and then ran away without any reasons."

I turned to Kate and yelled at her. "Now tell me what happened!"

"I was telling her of what had happened two years ago and then she suddenly remembered everything. Vincent, I swear it wasn't my intention of hurting her."

"You told her everything? You have no rights at all Kate!" I yelled at her, then she glared at me and her nose flared up.

"I have no rights of telling her the truth yet you have the right of keeping it from her?" She yelled at me.

I was about to fight back but she was quicker. "She deserves to know the truth, Vince, and you know that! At least I was being honest all the time, unlike you, you were just being goddamn selfish!"

My hand raised and I was about to hit her when Xavier stopped me. "Go ahead and hit me, Crawford! That is the only thing you're good at...hurting people. I feel sorry for Charlotte, you said you loved her yet you can't -"

"Enough, Kate!" Xavier spat. "You're not helping at all, please, leave!"

The inside of me is burning. Kate is right. I am fucking selfish. I shouldn't have kept the truth this long from Charlotte. I knew this day would come, I knew it that it wasn't going to be this pleasant but yet I still went for it. I kept the truth from Charlotte. I wasn't thinking what was good for her but only what was good for me.

"I wasn't planning on helping you guys either. I came her for your girl. I pity Charlotte, and that is why I talked to her. What happened tonight, I am really sorry. I think Charlotte needs you more than the attention you're giving me right now." She said and walked away.

After three steps, she looked back and smiled at me. "Don't forget to invite me on your wedding day, okay? I'll see you both again."

My eyes beamed at the thought of it but then again, Charlotte is burning fuel now because of me.

"Hey, where are you going?" Xavier asked and I shrugged. "I'm going to Charlotte's place."

"Dude, I don't think now is the good time." He said and I glared at him.

I need to go and find her now.

"Fine, then I am also going with you." Xavier said and I just kept on walking.

***

We arrived at Charlotte's but her annoying maid won't let us in. I let out a frustrated sigh and then yelled at her maid.