Chapter 4: Got A Mask?

(Pic of Charlotte's dress)

Charlotte's POV

I jolted when I felt someone pulled the cover off my body.

"Hey!" I groaned, wanting to pull the covers back.

"Sweetheart, get up or you'll be late for class!" My nanny said while opening the curtains. The sunlight went through my window and shined directly at my face. "Ugh," I whined and rubbed my bird nest-like hair. I looked at the clock hanging on the wall and my eyes shot opened. "Shit!"

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I complained and jumped off the bed. "I'm going to be late and I am not cute yet!" I rushed my way to the bathroom.

***

No time for a runway today so I picked out a green short-sleeve polo and brown short pants, and paired them with my roman brown sandals. Since I have no time to dry my hair, I tied it up to a messy bun.

When I have arrived at school, there were posters everywhere about this masquerade ball. People have been buzzing about it the whole morning.

"Hey Andre, what's this masquerade ball everyone has been talking about?" I asked while getting my notebook out.

"It's a ball, of course." He smirked and I rolled my eyes at the obvious. He chuckled and added. "Alright girly, it's kind of a tradition here in our school. It's just a party, except this party doesn't involve the school, which means it will all be about the students which makes it really exciting."

"Oh, so does that also mean you should bring a date?" I asked curiously.

He nodded and said. "You could, it's up to you actually, whether you wanted a date or not."

"Cool..." I nodded and smiled.

This is my time to prove myself that I am also capable of doing other stuffs than just books and shopping. I need to go shopping after class. I'll text Dee to ask if she'll join me i. shopping, of course, I need an opinion.

U free later?

Yeah. What's up?

Let's go shopping.

What for?

Masquerade ball. U going?

Oh. Yeah!

So?

Alright then, I'll see you later!

Great! See you. xo

Xo

The bell rang, and I was about to leave but someone caught my wrist before I could. I lifted my head to see a tall and muscular guy smirked down at me.

"Yes?" I asked and pulled my hand back.

"Be my date to the masquerade ball?" He grinned and showed his beautiful pearl white teeth.

Well, that's a first. "Sorry but who are you again?" I asked.

"Rafael Gregory," he said and mocked me a salute. "At your service."

I laughed softly. He's kind of funny though. "Charlotte Chaste."

"I know you."

"Huh?"

"That hot new girl that everyone has been talking about."

I blushed when he said hot. He grinned again and said. "So, be my date?"

"Oh...I'm sorry Raf, but I don't think I'm going."

"That's lame, come on, it will be fun!"

"Maybe next time," I gave him a soft smile. "I'll see you around."

***

Dee and I were at the mall for more than an hour already, trying on different dresses. "Dee none of these suits me at all." I sighed and pointed at the dresses hanging on the rack.

"Don't worry we'll look for another store." She said happily.

"You're just lucky that you already found a perfect gown for the ball." I huffed and earned a chuckle from her. "I'm damn lucky alright, you bitch."

"By the way, you got a date to the ball?"

"Yeah, this nerd in management class asked me to be his date...I really don't like to go with him but I also don't want to be rude though, besides he doesn't look bad just a little weird."

I chuckled. "How sweet of you!"

"You?" She huffed and turned her head to me and asked.

"Three asked but I turned them all away." I said dryly.

"Why?"

"I don't know...I just want to go alone, that's it." I said and Dee chuckled in return.

After Dee paid for her gown, which cost her almost twelve thousand dollars. Her Dior long gown was a silver glittering off-shoulder which leaves her back exposed. She look so beautiful in her gown, with her soft brunette hair and her silver custom-made mask to top it all.

"Hey Cha, I'm sorry but my mom needed me to go home now." Dee looked at her phone and sighed.

"Sure, it's alright Dee." I smiled and nodded. "Go ahead, it must be important." I said and motioned for her to go.

"You sure?" She asked and I nodded. "Text me later, okay? Love you, and see you." She hugged me tightly and I hugged her back. "I will, and love you."

I went inside Versace to search for long gowns that I could possibly wear. "Good day miss, how may I help you?"

"Where are your new collections for long gowns?" I asked.

"Miss, here are our newest collection." she pointed at the rack in front of us that are full of beautiful and expensive gowns.

After trying on several gowns, I have finally decided on the red gown. It has a deep V-neckline, leaving my backside exposed and my cleavage showing. I took a glance at the mirror and I adored how this dress hugged every curves of my body and how my breasts look so much good in it.

I nodded with satisfaction and turned to the saleslady. "I'll take this."

"Thank you miss. The dress will be $15,000 plus the mask $80." The saleslady said and I handed her my card. The mask was a little bit expensive but definitely worth the money. It was very classy, elegant, and the best part is it matches my dress!

My phone beeped and I received a text message from Dee.

Find anything yet?

Yeah. Be the girl in red.

Smokin' can't wait to see you in it!

What if I just forget about the whole masquerade ball and stay at home?

NO U R GOING AND THATS FINAL.

Fine. Haha.

Good girl.

I smiled and shrugged at Dee's last message. I decided to treat myself to the spa, and spend the rest of the day there. So I made myself a check-list, because I am a very organized person, I liked everything planned.

To-do-list:

1. Mani and Pedi
2. Facial treatmeant
3. Whole body massage