Chapter 38: The Long Wait Is Over

Charlotte's POV

"This isn't my house," I said and looked out the window. I heard him chuckled. "It's not mine either."

I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "Where are we then?" He grinned back and kissed my hand. "You have forgotten? Today is Chantelle's birthday, and we are going to her little tea party."

My eyes widened and I smack his head. "You could have told me that earlier! I didn't even buy her a gift yet," I huffed and turned to the other side. "we need to go to the mall."

Vincent sighed and rubbed my forearm. "There's a jewelry shop in this hotel, we can just go there." When I didn't respond, he gently nudged my arm. "You can't be that mad over some party, come on..."

I sighed and finally looked at him. "It's not that, Vince...ever since I lost our baby, every child in this world seem so precious and special to me. You won't understand me now, and I don't know how to explain this feeling either." For a minute I saw hurt in his eyes, he felt really sorry and I want to erase the guilt he felt. "Don't be sad...I'm not blaming you, I swear." I added and kissed him in the cheek. I unbuckled my seatbelt and changed the mood.

"Hurry up Vince, my goddaughter is waiting for my arrival." Before I opened the door, I winked at Vince which made him smile again.

***

"You think she will like the bracelet? I should have bought the necklace instead..." I asked and looked at the small red Cartier bag.

Vince smiled and tightened his hold on my hand. "She will love it, besides it was picked out personally by her godmother."

I looked down on myself and frowned. "I'm not sure with my outfit either. This is all your fault, Vince. I could have worn a better outfit and bought a better gift!" I whined and he sighed. "I'm sorry for that...but hey, you look really hot in that jumpsuit." I shook my head and rolled my eyes at him. I'm really happy to be back again, and he's right, running away won't change anything.

(Pic of the bracelet)

(Pic of her outfit)