Chapter 35: Tis' This Season To Be Forgiving

Charlotte's POV

"Where are you?" I said to myself and kept walking around. I saw a park nearby and assumed Vince is somewhere there.

I was right! He is there, sitting on the edge of the slide looking so stressed out. I caused him to be like that, this is all my fault, but I'm going to fix this tonight.

"Vince!" I yelled and ran to his side, not caring if my shoes are now all covered with mud.

He looked at me as if I'm the most precious gem in the world. This man would definitely be the death of me. Even though it was raining hard but I knew that he was also crying. "I'm sorry." He stood up and whispered loud enough for me to hear.

When he said those words, images of the past kept on coming back - the love and the pain. Can I trust him again? Yes. "I..." I paused and tears continue to stream down my cheeks. I wanted to say that I already forgive him but the lump in my throat kept me from talking. He took a step forward and cupped my chin with his hand, making me look at him in the eyes. "I am really, really, sorry. I promise you, I would never hurt you." I closed my eyes after hearing his next words.

"Charlotte, believe me when I say this: I am truly, madly, deeply, in love with you."

I love you too, is what I wanna say, but instead I wrapped my arms around his neck and pull him closer. He hugged me back and his arms wrapped tightly around me. We were both already very wet but I didn't care, I just needed to be in his arms.

I pulled away and smiled at him. "Let's go home." I asked and he nodded but held me in place. "Can I ask why you... just hugged me? I'm definitely not complaining but just a little confused that's all."

I sighed and chuckled a little. "Silly, it's because you are forgiven." His eyes widened, he opened his mouth, closed it again, then opened them again. "I'm sorry it took me this long."

"What?"

"I..." Pulling my face closer to his, "love..." I placed a quick kiss on his lips. "You," Then I rested my forehead against his own. "And I have already forgiven you." I whispered while he closed his eyes and sighed in relief.

"Baby, I missed you so fucking much." He said and I grinned back. "I miss you, too. Let's talk later, now we have to go and get ourselves cleaned up. I am so soak and you owe me a new dress." I cocked an eyebrow at him waiting for his reaction.

He chuckled and wipe his face with his hand. "You have no idea how happy I am right now. Don't worry, after we are cleaned up, I'll buy you dozens of dresses."

"That's not necessary, I was only joking."

"For you, I'd do anything." He said and kissed my forehead.

It was already ten in the evening when we arrived at his penthouse. Yes, I decided to stay with him tonight. We needed to talk and I can't find another perfect timing but now.

"Do you have anything that I could wear?" I asked shyly and he nodded. He went inside his closet and minutes later he came out with a tank top, a pair of cotton short pants, and new panties.

"These are yours... Don't get me wrong, I still keep them because I believe someday it'll come handy. I was right now, am I not?" He grinned and I blushed when I saw my undergarments. At least I don't have to worry about sleeping without panties.

"Thanks." I mumbled and quickly went inside the bathroom. I sighed frustratedly when I remembered that I didn't ask whether he wanted to go first since this is his home. I opened the door slightly and peak outside. "Hey Vince, do you mind if I shower first?" I said loudly.