Part 24: Pumpkin and the Bitch

Hi : )
Happy pride month to all you guys, gays, and girls 🏳️‍🌈
It's my birthday. #geminiseason
------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you talk to him after that?" Ally asked first thing in the morning when Dinah walked into the school. She is worried sick. Dinah is like a daughter to her. The one friend that she always feel the need and want to take care of.

"No. I woke up and he already left." Dinah answered with a sigh. It is a normal thing to wake up to an empty house.

She barely got any sleep for the last few days, her father's words still flowing around in her head. She wouldn't be able to sleep at all if it wasn't for those FaceTime calls with Lauren.

Dinah didn't tell Lauren yet about the things her father said, afraid that the girl will freak out and leave. They're not even started yet, how could she bare the idea of the end.

"Hey." Ally said softly, getting on her tiptoe to cups Dinah's cheeks. "Let it go for now, okay?"

All Dinah could do was let out a huge, deep, long sigh and nodded. Today is such a beautiful day. It would be a waste if she get lost on her thoughts rather than enjoying the warm breeze of the wind.

"I don't want to disappoint him." Dinah said weakly, pushing her cheek against Ally's palm. It's so hard to not think about it. She just want to cry. Her feelings for Lauren is so strong and she knows it now. She can feel it now, stronger than ever.

"And you won't. Trust me." Ally assured her with a smile, thumbs tracing Dinah's cheeks gently. She has never seen Dinah like this before. So vulnerable, so heartbroken.

"Just let it go and follow your heart. He loves you, okay? He will understand." All Dinah needs right now is comfort and Ally is using everything she has within her to do so. It is her responsibility as a best friend.

Dinah shut her eyes tightly and just let Ally's words sink in. Her father loves her. He will understand. He needs to understand that she wants this. She wants to be happy. She wants Lauren.

"I want her." Dinah absentmindedly whispered out. Images of her time together with Lauren are playing themselves lovingly in her head. All the secret stares, all the adorable smiles, and all the intimate skin to skin times are representing themselves to her like they are trying to tell her something. Something Important.

Ally is speechless. Not that she's shock because she knows that Dinah has feelings for the other girl. It's just surprised her that there is someone who is able to make her pumpkin falls this hard and this fast.

She doesn't know much into the story anyway since Dinah keeps saying she will talk about it later and Ally never push her or anything. Guess her later is now.

"Then go get her."

"Did my friend do something to your friend?" Normani whispered for only her and Ally to hear. It's half an hour into lunch time and all Dinah did was openly stare at Lauren.

Ally giggles softly, using her tiny hand to cover her mouth. "I don't know, did she?"

"Hell would I know. That's why I'm asking you. I know how she can be a bitch at times." Normani said with a shook of her head. She turned her gaze back to the other couple and just had to looked away again. What is this?

"That's not a very nice thing to say about your best friend isn't it?" Ally teasingly said with a smile, stabbing her plastic fork into her chicken nugget before handing it to Normani.

"Well, I'm not gonna get all mushy and call her pumpkin." She said with a smirk, leaning in and about to bite down on the food but Ally pulled it back to her chest.