Part 18: Not Now Mani

Lauren woke up to a beautiful morning. The birds are singing, the trees are dancing, she couldn't help but smile.

Lauren J:
Wake up Dinah. It's a beautiful day :)

Sending morning texts to Dinah is now one of her morning routine. Everyday Lauren would wake up, text Dinah, go shower, get dress, pack her school stuff, eat some breakfast, and leave the house. Before she met Dinah, she would go to the stadium or read a book under some trees as she waited for Normani. But now that Dinah is in the picture, she chose to read her book by the school gate and waited for Dinah. Lucky for Lauren, Normani didn't mind at all.

"Thanks mom. Don't forget I'll have to stay after school." Lauren said as she waved Clara goodbye. She didn't lie, she just didn't tell the whole reason.

"I'll make sure I'll be late honey." Clara gave Lauren a warm smile and drove off.

Sighing happily, Lauren walk to her usual spot, a wooden table near the gate. She took her seat, grab her book, and prepare herself to get lost in the fantasy world that the book will take her. After what seems like 5 minutes, Lauren closed her book irritatingly. Not that the book isn't good, it was magic, but Lauren can't focus at all. All the words in the book seems to have no meaning. She kept reading the same paragraph again and again but it still make no sense. Lauren never experienced this before. Sketching and reading are her ways to escape the world. This is new and it's scaring her but Lauren knew what caused this, she knew exactly what's happening to her.

Dinah.

The thought of Dinah is the one and only thing that occupied her brilliant mind. No matter what Lauren was doing, she would always find herself thinking about Dinah. It's doesn't matter if she was reading, it doesn't matter if she was showering, it doesn't matter if she was eating, walking, singing, or studying, it's doesn't matter. She needs Dinah here. Dinah is the only one who can cure her love sick.

"Fuuuuuuuckkkkkkk." Lauren groaned. She is getting frustrated and annoyed by herself. Deep down she knows that Dinah is more than just a crush. Lauren can hear her heart crying out for Dinah every second of everyday and it would shut up only when Dinah is in her sight.

"Stop it, damn it." Lauren said to herself. This is not like her and she doesn't like it, not one bit.

Lauren took out her phone to look at the time. "Ughhhhhhhhh." She groaned some more when she saw that she have to wait another 40 minutes for her wandering eyes to land on Dinah's beautiful face.

Lauren tried listen to musics, she tried to read again, she tried to sketch to kill some time but nothing works. She feels like she has been sketching for half an hour but when she look at the time, only 5 minutes has passed. "Ughhhh I can't take this anymore." Lauren said, standing up and shove all her stuff in her bag.

"If you're not gonna come to me, I'll come to you." Lauren mumbling to herself as she walk out the school towards Dinah's house. Lauren keep turning back and forth, walking 2 steps forward and 1 step back, hesitating whether or not she should really go to Dinah's. What if Dinah think it's rude that Lauren suddenly popup in her bedroom? What if Nina won't let her in? What if Dinah's dad is home? What if Dinah's whole family is home? What if Dinah isn't home?

"Relax, Lauren. Deep breath." Lauren told herself as she approached Dinah's front door. She wiped her sweaty palms on her dress before raised her hand and knocked.

"Oh hello Lauren." Nina said once she opened up the door with a warm smile.

"Hi." Lauren response awkwardly, doesn't really sure what to say or what to do. "Is Dinah still here?" She asked.