Part 10.1: Is This Gay?

Things are going great. The friendship between the 4 girls are growing stronger every passing day. They have lunch together and hang out after school. They have a group chat and weekends Skype call. Things couldn't get any better for our girl Dinah Jane.

Except..

Greg:
How have you been?

It is Thursday afternoon. Dinah just got home after spending the after school time, just talking and sketching with Lauren. Over the past few days, Dinah spent every afternoon learning how to draw and she couldn't ask for a better teacher.

Dinah Jane Hansen:
I'm good. How about you?

This is the first time Greg texted her after her birthday. She has been missing him. Not the boyfriend Greg, she missed the best text-buddy Greg. She missed the way he made her laugh with the stupidest joke. She missed the way he told her all his little secrets. She missed the way he would listened to her nonsense rambling. She miss her friend.

Greg:
I'm alright. Kinda have to be, right?

Dinah is a kind of person that can feel guilt very easily. This situation with Greg is the one that haunt her the most. She didn't want to hurt him. She doesn't want to hurt him.

Dinah Jane Hansen:
Greg. I'm so sorry.

Every time she thought about how it all turns out, she just wants to cry.

Greg:
No, I'm sorry. I told you that I understand. Don't worry about me.

He is still that perfect guy she remembered. He was there in the right place at the right time but why doesn't he meant to be. If only..

Dinah Jane Hansen:
How could I not. I never wanted to hurt you.

Greg:
I know.
I've heard you made some new friends. How is everything?

Dinah Jane Hansen:
Everything is perfect! Lauren and Normani are really cool.
How did you know, by the way?

Greg:
I have been stalking you.

Dinah Jane Hansen:
Wow, haven't change much I see.

Greg:
No, I'm kidding. Zendaya told me.

Dinah Jane Hansen:
Of course she did.

Greg:
I have practice tomorrow, you wanna come?

It's been a while since the last time she have watch him play. Greg is really good at football. It was always fun to watch him run across the field and now she kinda miss that too.

Dinah Jane Hansen:
Yeah I can go.

Greg:
Awesome.

Greg:
I'm sorry Dinah.

Dinah Jane Hansen:
What are you apologizing for?

Greg:
Us.
I will try my best to be your friend again, promise.

Dinah Jane Hansen:
Thank you. I mean it. Thank you.

Greg:
Like I said many times before, anything for you.
I can wait a lifetime for you.

All she wants to do is tell him no. She wants to tell him not to wait for her because she knows that there is nothing left she can give him other than this fucked up friendship. But she couldn't. After all she had done to hurt him, she couldn't. Telling him not to wait for her will destroy him even more.