Part 22: Lo, You're in Public

First of all..

#blessed #fuckmeup #dinahjaneOkay

Okay.. carry on.
------------------------------------------------------

"Calm down will ya?"

It's Sunday morning and today is the day that Lauren will go out on a date with the beautiful Dinah. To say that she's feeling nervous is an understatement.

"You don't understand. I gotta make an impression. She has to like me." Lauren said without looking at her screen as she rummaging through her closet.

"Girl, she already likes you." Normani just rolled her eyes at her best friend. When Lauren FaceTime called her, she didn't expect that she'll has to sit here and help her pick an outfit.

"No she has to like the real me. Gosh what if knowing me better makes Dinah likes me less?" She ran her hand through her hair in frustration.

"Like, what if she hates sushi? Or what if she loves snakes, I hate snakes." Getting to know one another is so scary when you really like someone. You'd wish that you'd get along and everything will be bubbles and rainbows. You'd want to know all the things they like and you'd try to like them too. But that's the thing. You shouldn't have to try and that's how Lauren feels.

"What if she's secretly a bottom? I don't fucking know how to top."

"Hey hey easy there. Do not overthinking everything. Just let it flow." Mani actually hates when Lauren acting like this. Cause truthfully, she doesn't know what to do or what to say except try to calm her down.

"Okay here I just texted Ally for you. She said Dinah doesn't hate sushi, she doesn't love snakes but doesn't mind them." Mani calmly told Lauren what Ally texted her about Dinah. It's funny how most of their conversation are about their best friends. Deep down, Mani just wish that she would get a chance to know more about Ally herself.

"Ask if she's secretly a bottom." Lauren shouted from her bathroom. She decided to put on some jeans shorts. Now she just need some top to go with it.

"No, this is Ally. Don't do her like that."

"Ooohh protective." It's still surprised Lauren that Mani has feelings for Ally. All their years of friendship, there wasn't any sign at all that Mani would be attracted to a girl. But every girl has a crush on another girl at one point in their lives. So maybe Mani isn't gay, only time will tell.

"Do you want my help or no?" Mani said in annoyance. Every time that she tries to be nice, Lauren would end up being annoying.

"Sorry mom." Lauren spin around in front of her mirror after she put on a plain white t-shirt. She nodded her head slightly, satisfied by her own reflection.

"That's cute." Mani admitted. White really looks good on Lauren. Especially with her dark hair and pinkish lips. Gotta agreed that she looks quite decent.