Part 8: Happy Birthday Lauren

Lauren pov.

And 5 .. 4 .. 3 .. 2 .. 1 ..

Happy Birthday to ME!!

"Happy Birthday, Lo. I love you soooo much as you already know. I wish you the best in the world and all the things that you deserve, ok?"

I am Skyping with Normani on my bed. It is our little tradition to Skype on birthdays so we can be the first one to give each others wishes.

"Thank you thank you Mani. You are the best best friend anyone could ever ask for." I smile widely at my laptop screen.

"I know, right?" She said and we laughed. This kind of moment right here is the one that I cherished so much. Nothing but happiness and joy.

"By the way,  I talked to Ally yesterdayyyy" She smirked at me. Sometimes I wish she didn't know me this well.

"Really? And what exactly did you guys talk about huh?" I said with a smile on my face.

"Just school stuff, ya know. And some boys. And this and that. And some Dinah Janeee." She continue to tease me.

"Do I have to beg to get some information here?" I asked with an annoyed voice.

"Maybe." I wish to reach my hand in the screen and wipe that stupid smirk off her face.

"Come on, Mani. It's my birthday." Rolling my eyes at her as I said.

"Ok ok. You are no fun." She said before laying down on her stomach.

"Dinah and Greg were really are a couple! I told you she's not gay." Finally she told me something about Dinah.

"Were?"

"They broke up. She broke it off. Something about he isn't right for her." Mani explained.

"Ah haa! See! Because he's a guy. All that's right for her is some Latina goddess. a.k.a, ME!" I said, pointing a finger at my chest with a smirk on my face.

"I don't know man. Both Ally and Dinah said that they are straight."

"I'm serious, Mani. Dinah is gay or at least Bi. She just doesn't know it yet." I am so sure about this. My gaydar really went off when it comes to her. And just because she denied about being in a relationship with Zendaya, doesn't mean they don't have feelings for each other. Like come on, friends don't treat each other the way Zendaya and Dinah do.

"And you happen to know it for her?" she said, raising one of her eyebrows at me.

"Just watch, bitch. She will be mine."

"Alright, Romeo. Now go get your beauty sleep." She blew me a kiss and waved me goodbye.

"See you at school. Love ya!" I said before closing my Skype.

I don't want to go to sleep just yet so I open my Facebook to read some happy birthday posts. It's only 30 minutes into my birthday and I already got 27 notifications.

I lazily scroll through all of them until one caught my attention.

Dinah Jane Hansen to Lauren J.
Hey Lolo. Can I call you Lolo? Happy Birthday!! I wish you a very very good birthday. Let's go get froyo sometimes, alright? My treat. My gift to you! XD

Oh. My. God.
Did she just ask me out on a date?

Don't be delusional Lauren. It's just frozen yogurt.

But that doesn't seem to stop my heart from racing like it's gonna pop out of my chest or ease the heat from all the blood that rush to my face.