"Does that stand for anything?"

"No."

I knew he was lying...or just trying to get me to stop talking.  Probably both.  But at least I was getting some answers to my questions.  Now if I could only get some answers as to what happened at the beach...

"Hector went by your foster parents' home and got you things for school.  They are in the car," he said.  "He and Arachne have already left, but they said to tell you goodbye."

I nodded as we headed toward the door that led to what I was assuming was the garage.  The house, I had found out, had one that had space for eight cars.  And judging by the size of this place and the amount of land he had, all eight spaces were occupied. 

I stopped up short when he headed to the passenger side of one car.  I recognized this one.

It was the same sleek, black car that had followed behind Lee when he was driving beside me as I walked home, the one that had practically pushed me down the road. 

"So you were the one following me and Lee?" I asked, looking at him. 

He looked up at me with wide eyes, trying to look innocent.

It so wasn't working. 

"I don't know what you're talking about."

I rolled my eyes and walked toward the passenger side, where he was holding open the door.  I could feel his eyes on me as I moved beside him and ducked under his arm to get in the car.  Well, I almost got in the car.  I was so close to him that I had a hard time not reaching out and touching him.  He was just so...beautiful.

I did, however, stop before getting in just to stare at him.  I didn't meet his eye, but I couldn't find it in me to look away. 

But when I did finally look up at his face, he was staring at me, too.  A look of longing was in his eyes as he looked down at me.  He stepped closer and I held my breath.

"You should probably get in.  You'll be late if you don't," he said quietly. 

I nodded, willing myself to move.  I couldn't, though.  It was like something was drawing me toward him, like an invisible string that tied us together. 

"Go on," he said, nodding toward the car.  But it looked like he didn't want me to leave his side either.  At least that's what I was hoping he was thinking. 

But on the bright side, I would be stuck in an enclosed space with him for another hour.  That I could deal with. 

I nodded slightly and slid into the black leather bucket seat.  After he closed the door, I watched him walk around the front of the car toward the driver's side.  I had to inconspicuously wipe the drool off my chin. 

Once he had gotten in and closed the door, he started the car and it purred to life.  Once it was on, I could barely hear the engine over the radio, which was barely playing. 

"So what kind of car is this anyway?" I asked, looking at the control panel.  I was afraid that if I touched it, I would scratch it or something. 

"A Bentley Continental Supersports," he said.  "I've only had it for about two weeks, so it's still brand new.  You can touch it, since that's what you look like you want to do.  You won't hurt it."

Hesitantly, I brushed a finger over the dashboard.  "It's stunning."

He nodded once, not taking his eyes off of the road.  Well, we were still in his driveway.  Hector told me the day before that it was a mile before it got to the main road.