Weird Rant About Weird Guy Stuff

People don't fall in love at first sight. It just doesn't happen.

When you say, "I loved you since I first saw you", I believe that that is incorrect. In my opinion, the more honest statement would be, "I was attracted to you from the moment I saw you".

This isn't true for everyone, but I'm going to talk about my personal experiences because it's my book and I'm a little selfish brat.

Heh, this might be kind of long...

I've never been in love, like REAL love. Sure, I've had crushes, but those are different. Usually crushes are when you're attracted to a person and you want those feelings to progress further, but im you don't actually do anything about it.

But when I do develop a crush on someone, it usually isn't at the moment I meet them.

*cough* Except if it's Ben Carter because that boy is flawless *cough*

Anyways, I usually observe a guy and learn his mannerisms: what stuff does he like? Can he sing? Is he not a douchebag? Usually, this occurs through me being the boy's friend or close acquaintance.

After a while(or immediately if we're talking about that guy up there during the coughing fit), hey, guess what? I can't talk to him. Like, ever. When I talk to people, I look them in the eyes and just...damn those eyes ;-;

But if you get around to talking and maintaining a healthy relationship, you just might get into my position at the moment.

So this guy I really like asked me to the Winter Formal at our school last winter. It was really awkward since he told me he wasn't used to talking to girls and I vice versa. So we did the "Middle School Dance" thing where he stayed with his friends and I stayed with mine.

Except for the slow dances, which were so cute and mrf <3

*cough* Except he wouldn't look me in the eye *cough*

It was really fun, and we danced together at every dance after that. What wasn't fun was waiting for him to say something.

Like, if you ask a girl to the dance, are you dating or not? ARGH.

GUYS. DO NOT DO THIS. IF YOU LEAVE YOUR ALMOST BAE IN THE DARK, YOU WILL HAVE NO BAE. NONE.

But I finally got the courage to ask him if we were dating or not a few weeks ago and he said, "No, I'm not dating until I'm sixteen."

I respect his choices, but dude, your twin is five seconds away from sloppy makeouts with my best friend.

AND your girl of choice is also five seconds away from saying, "Screw it, I'm out" and dating her best guy friend(not really Chris).

GAH I'm sounding like a bad person aren't I.

The point is, even though people make fun of twelve year olds with romantic relationships, you have to start somewhere. If you're in your twenties and never asked a girl out or never kissed a guy, you're not gonna get a chance because of everyone's insanely high expectations.

It's actually one of my biggest, albeit shallowest, fears to be thirty and terrible at kissing. Like I'm almost afraid of my first kiss because I'm like 90% sure there's gonna be too much tongue in there

But hey, that's what fanfiction's for! ;)