"Oh really?" Jimin smirks, "Name a time you were actually successful in pairing a match together, without any outside help."

      "My older brother and his fiancee!" Mina giggles, obviously taking great delight in this particular couple, "They're getting married in a couple of months! Oh, and you and B! I mean, you're not officially together yet, per se... but that doesn't really matter. Best Friend matchmaking is just as important as couple matchmaking."

      "So you did purposely make me to do the dare on B!" Jimin groans, the revelation not surprising him at all, "Did you expect her to help me out with the dare, or something?"

      "No, actually." Mina shrugs guiltily, "I expected her to completely ignore you, just like all the others."

      "The others?" Now Jimin's really confused, and he sits up straight.

      "Yeah," Mina laughs, embarrassed, "I've actually dared probably a couple hundred guys to talk to or bug her. But, being the crazy hermit she is, she didn't look at even one of them, and some of them were really hot! I know I've got good taste, too. I mean, look at you!"

      Jin's gonna hate my over-inflated ego.

      "Wait, so you're telling me I'm not the only one that had to do the 'Noise Boy' challenge?" Jimin asks, ignoring her odd compliment, his eyes wide, "There were others?"

      "Yeah, lots of them," Mina admits, "I've been trying to get her to socialize with guys for about six months now. I wasn't working at all. Not until you."

       "And she... she responded to me?" Jimin's not totally confused, but Mina doesn't know any more than he does, and she just shrugs, "You don't know why?"

      "Nope." Mina says, "She just did. Granted, you are a lot more different than any of the other guys I sent over to this table. Don't ask me how, you just are."

      "Do you think she would answer if I asked why she responded to me?" Jimin asks quietly. Mina looks towards the door, her face thoughtful.

      "I don't think so." Mine smiles gently, "But I'm not sure. Sometimes she does things I never expect."

      "There's no harm in trying."

      "Agreed."

*          *          *          *

      The off feeling still hasn't gone away, even after Jimin finishes his second novel of the night.

      He'd purposely picked the happiest sounding novels he could find, and both turned out to have satisfyingly perfect endings, but the unprovoked mood of rain clouds and depression still gnaws away in the bottom of his gut

      He'd purposely picked the happiest sounding novels he could find, and both turned out to have satisfyingly perfect endings, but the unprovoked mood of rain clouds and depression still gnaws away in the bottom of his gut. Jimin sighs and tosses the finished book on his pillow, no longer in the mood to read.