Chapter 32 (final chapter- read A/N)

-Louis' POV-

"Guys, it's midnight! Merry Christmas Eve!" Naomi smiles widely as she raises her glass. Everyone does the same.

"Happy birthday, baby." Harry wraps his arms around my waist and whispers in my ear. "Old man." I laugh and turn towards him, kissing his nose.

"I know. I'm ancient. 20."

It's winter break, but Harry and I decided to stay on campus. Everything's been going so well. Some of our friends decided to stay as well, and they're throwing a little Christmas party.

"Happy birthday, Louis." Naomi walks over to us and smiles, and I pull back from Harry, embracing her in a hug.

"Thanks." I smile.

"No problem." She kisses my cheek and quickly shuffles back over to her boyfriend. This is much calmer than the parties I've been to over the start of this year and all of last year, and I like it much better. Harry seems much more at ease, and he's yet to break into the alcohol. Which is good, because I don't like it when he's drunk. His social anxiety has gotten much better, but it still pops up at times. As for me, I've developed some major trust issues. I try to suppress them, but it's difficult. Even seeing Harry with another guy makes me upset. I do trust Harry, but some part of my brain always goes back to walking in on him and Dylan making out. But I don't only mean those type of trust issues. I'm mean the big kind. Like the kind where I'm afraid to talk to strangers or meet anyone new because they might be like Zayn was. Because of that, I've also sprouted some social anxiety, but I'm seeing a therapist who's helping me a lot. Speaking of Zayn, he's in prison for a long time. But when I hit him over the head with that hammer, I gave him quite a bit of head trauma. He's lost his memory up to a certain point, which I'm sure is difficult for him, being in prison for something he can't remember doing. The doctors say he's never going to get that memory back. But in a bunch of years, when he's released from prison, I have to make sure he doesn't see me, because even though he has incurable memory loss, you never know if the image of someone could spike something in his brain and it could all come back to him. And we don't want that. But I'll be out of college by then, living in the UK. Harry's said he'd like to move there with me when we get out of here. I'm planning on proposing to him the night of his 18th birthday. I'm throwing him a surprise party the night before, and when it turns to midnight, I'm going to propose.

I haven't been in contact with Dylan, all though we still text every once and a while. Things just aren't the same between us. He always asks me how Harry's doing when we talk, and somehow I know he cares way more about Harry than he does about me.

"Oh look, there's some mistletoe." Harry says and sweeps me off my feet, picking me up and carrying me over to under the mistletoe. He puts me down gently and wraps his arms around my waist. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smile and he pulls my lips up to his. My phone buzzes in my pocket and I reluctantly pull away from his touch. "Lottie said she'd call." I say and he nods, picking up my hand and interlacing our fingers.

"Hello?"

"Happy birthday!!" says Lottie's voice, excitedly.

"Thanks, Lottie! How's everything?"

"Great. We miss you though. It's not going to be like Christmas without you."

"I'm sorry, Lottie, this just works out so much better. I'm really happy for once. Really really happy."

"I'm so glad." I can hear her smile over the phone. "Want to talk to mum?"

"Sure." I move the phone to my other ear.

"Here she is." I hear Lottie hand the phone to my mum and then her familiar voice rings over the line. "Louis?"

"Hi mum! I miss you."

"Oh, I miss you too, sweety. Happy birthday!"

"Thanks, mum." I smile.

"How's everything going? What are you up to?"

"I'm hanging out with some of my friends and Harry in my friends dorm. Everything's great. It's amazing."

"I'm so happy for you. You'll be getting my Christmas present in the mail soon."

"Oh, you didnt have to get me anything." I say and push myself up so I'm sitting on a small table. Harry positions himself inbetween my legs and rests his hands on my hips.

"Well of course I did! especially after that amazing bracelet you sent me. It's gorgeous."

"I'm glad you like it."

"I love it."

"I should get going mum, I love you."

"I love you too, Louis. Merry Christmas." She says, and I smile, pressing the disconnect button. Harry smiles down at me and I place my hands on his shoulders. I have a feeling things are going to be going a lot better now.

-January 31st (night before Harry's birthday-

"Okay guys! Harry said he'd be back at the dorm at 11:30, and it's 11:28 now. Everyone hide!" I quickly switch off the lights and check my pocket life I've been doing obsessively for the last hour. The rings in there. I make sure everything is pitch black before crouching down behind the bed. "Shhh!" I say as I hear footsteps and someone fumbling with keys. Then the door knob turns and the door swings open.

"Louis?" I hear Harry's voice say, and he switches on the light.

"Surprise!!" everyone jumps out and screams. He jumps but then a huge smile appears on his face.

"Happy birthday!! You're legal!" I smile and run up and hug him. "Yay for legality!"

"Thank you guys!" he smiles widely and hugs me back.

"We have cake!" I smile and motion to the gorgeous cake that Naomi made. She's an artist and she loves baking, and it turns out those two things go very well together. "Blow out the candles!" he walks over to the cake and blows the candles out.

"Yayyy." I say and he takes turns hugging everyone. There's only about 7 of our closest friends.

---

About 30 minutes later I check my watch. 11:59. My heart is beating extremely hard, in fact I'm little worried people can hear it. I stare at the clock for a moment.

12:00.

Ok.

It's time. I take a deep breath.

"Hey everyone!" the chatter dies down and everyone returns their attention to me. "Come here, birthday boy." I smile at Harry and he walks over to me, looking confused. I haven't told anyone that I was planning to propose, because some people in this room aren't very good at keeping secrets. "Harry, I love you." I start. "You're the only thing that's gotten me through college so far. You make me so happy, and honestly, it wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for you." I see several people look at eachother realising what I'm about to do. I press a kiss to his lips and take a deep breath before getting down on one knee and pulling out the ring. "Harry, will you marry me?" I hear several squeaks from the girls here, but keep my eyes locked on Harry's.

"I- of course I will- yes!" He says and i jump up, wrapping my arms around his neck. I pull back after a moment and grab his hand, sliding the ring on his finger. When I look up at him his eyes are full of tears and he quickly pulls me into a kiss. Everyone's clapping but I can barely hear it over the deafening sound of how happy I am right now. My life has turned around.

END OF BOOK

A/N- Hi guys! so this is the end of this book, but I'm going to write a sequel! I'm going to start on it either today or tomorrow! thank you guys so much for reading, you're all super cool. Please leave feed back, and tell me if you'll read the sequel. Thanks guys!! -Kel