Chapter 2

~Louis' POV~

Harry and I walk out of the dorm building and walk down the sidewalk to a small ice cream shop. Harry's so shy. He follows slightly behind me and doesn't say a word. I slow down a step so I'm next to him and throw an arm around his shoulder, causing him to flinch slightly.

"Don't be so shy!" I chuckle. He's actually really cute even though he's two years younger than me.. I shake the thought of him out of my head. He's probably not interested, and I'm still having trouble accepting the fact the I like guys.

"Sorry.." He says softy. He stares at his feet and doesn't say anything else. I decide not to try to make conversation on the walk there anymore. I take my arm from around his shoulder and he immediately falls behind me again. I smile to myself. I figure once we get to the shop he'll talk to me. He can't really ignore me then.

We're at the door after about another minute. I open it for him and he walks in. Following behind him, I walk up to the counter and look at the sign. A moment later, a olive skinned boy with dark hair walks up to the counter. I notice he has a tattoo sleeve too.'Zayn' his name tag reads. He looks up and smiles a half smile at us. 

"What can I get for you today?"

"Hmm... I'll take a scoop of cookie dough... in a cup." I add. 

He nods then looks over at Harry.

"U-um.. I'll take a scoop of chocolate in a cup please.." He says. He looks down and starts to pull out his wallet. I stop him.

"I've got this one." I whisper and smile. He blushes and nods. There he goes, nodding again. I chuckle a little and Zayn comes back with the two cups of ice cream.

"3.42." He says and I hand him my card. He swipes it and hands it back. 

"Thanks." I say. I turn to Harry. "Do you wanna stay in here or sit outside?"

"E-either way." He stutters. 

"Okay." I chuckle. "It's hot, so let's stay in here." I walk over to a table and he follows, sitting down on the side opposite to me. I smile at him and he blushes and smiles back softly. This boy is really cute. I'm not even going to deny it anymore. "So Harry.. tell me about yourself? What are you studying?"

"Musical theater.." He says shyly. "I'm really interested with anything that has to do with music."

"That's so cool!" I smile. "Do you play any instruments?"

He nods. "Guitar.."

"That's cool! I play the bass and I'm in a band but.. we suck." I laugh.

"I doubt that.."

"No, we really do. I just don't have the guts to tell the singer that he sucks. He's really sensitive." I laugh thinking about him. He's been my best friend for as long as I can remember, and none of the other guys want to break it to him either. So we just kinda go with it. "Anyway, you'll have to play something for me sometime!"

"Oh I- I don't know about that..." He says, and looks down at his hands. 

"Well, you don't have to, but I'd love to hear it." I smile at him, and he just stares at his hands. 

~Harry's POV~

We finish our ice cream about 15 minutes later. I've been a nervous wreck the whole time. It's not even that Louis is intimidating, it's just that... I'm not good at socializing. I've always had social anxiety. Especially around guys like Louis, who are so outgoing.. not to mention older than I am. 

"S-so..." I say quietly. "Are you excited to start college?" I ask, relieve I found something to say.

"Heck no. I'm not at all... I'm actually really sad I had to leave Doncaster. I've lived there literally all my life.."

I frown. "I'm sorry.." He just shrugs. I don't say anything else and fall a couple of steps behind him. A few seconds later he wraps a tattooed arm around my waist and pulls me up so I'm walking next to him. My breath hitches.

"You've gotta stop slowing down man." He chuckles and I blush, smiling softly. Why does he make me so nervous? His arm stays around my waist, giving me butterflies. I don't like him... do I? No. I can't. I need to focus on school. Plus he's two years older than me and probably has a girlfriend. I sigh and keep walking. 

"Some thing wrong, mate?" He asks. God I love his accent. 

"Nope." I shake my head and look over at him smiling. He looks back. I've never really looked at him closely before. His eyes are a beautiful shade of blue. He has a lip piercing, but somehow it's cute on him. His lips are so soft and feminine... He stops walking for a second and just stares at me. A small smile spreads across his face. Then he unhooks his arm from around my waist and keeps walking. God he's confusing me.

We get to the dorms, but he takes a turn away from them. 

"Where are you going?" I ask. He motions me to follow.

"Let's go on a walk!" He flashes a bright smile at me then continues walking. I jog a few steps to catch up with him. When I do, I slow down and he smiles over at me, then looks ahead of him. All of a sudden, or hands brush.

"S-sorry..." I say quickly and look down.

After a second he replies, "Hey, don't be." I look over at him and he grins at my before grapping my hand and intertwining our fingers.

Woah.

What just happened. 

I don't pull away though. I just hold his hand while my stomach erupts with butterflies. I try to assess the situation. Is this just friendly? I don't know many guys that just hold hands with their guy friends. Especially not guys that look like Louis... Does he like me? I shake my head, which Louis notices out of the corner of his eye.

"I- I'm sorry.." He says. "If I made you uncomfortable." He drops my hand and his smile fades.

"No! No! Not at all!" I wince. That sounded slightly more enthusiastic than I meant it to. Louis looks over and smiles, throwing an arm over my shoulder. But he doesn't grab my hand again.