Chapter 4

~Louis' POV~

I wake up to a doctor standing near me, talking to Harry. I look around. Where am I? Soon I realize I'm at the hospital. I think back to last night. 

"Sir, he's awake." Says someone who I assume is a nurse. 

"Thank you, Emma." He says, and walks over to me. "So, Louis. You're alright, but you broke your arm and have a concusssion. Can you tell me what happened last night?"

I look over to Harry. He's not looking at me. "Yeah." I say. "I was upset, and I ran out of the dorm, outside to get some air. And I was crying pretty hard and I just kept walking. Soon I realized that it was pitch black out and I'd wandered so far from the dorms that I didn't know where I was. I felt around and realized I was in the woods. I started to panic and I tripped over a root and hit my head, and I hurt my arm by trying to catch myself. Finally I found my way back to the dorm and then I guess I passed out."

The doctor just nods and Harry doesn't say a word. Why isn't he saying anything? Because he doesn't care. Because he hates me. I should have taken the hint before when I tried to hold his hand. I was an idiot. He probably wants me to keep my distance. I sigh and fiddle with my thumbs. I think back to when he was singing. I didn't really mean to kiss him. It just kind of happened. I close my eyes. My head hurts so bad. Before I know it, I'm asleep again.

                                                                                      ~

~Harry's POV~ 

I rush back to our dorm after class the next day. Louis came home late the night before, but skipped class today. I stop at the door, slightly nervous to see him. I open it slowly and look over at him. He's just laying there, staring at the ceiling. 

"Lou?" I say, softly.

"Don't call me that." He snaps back, and rolls over. I'm slightly taken aback. I've never heard him talk like that before.

"Look.. I'm really sorry just let me expla-"

"No, Harry," He says. "Leave me alone please."

I sigh walk over to my bed, sitting down on the foot of it. I hate this. I wish I could rewind to that moment and just kiss him back. Then none of this would have happened. But I know there's no way I can do that. I lay down and close my eyes, drifting to sleep slowly.

                                                                                           ~

I wake up Satruday morning to my alarm going off. I grunt and grab my phone, silencing it. It's been 3 days since Louis' talked to me. I look over at him. He's so beautiful when he sleeps. I sigh. I need to try and explain to him what happened. I know he's ticked and hates me now, too be fair I'm no where near happy with myself either, but I need to make him understand. And if he still hates me, so be it. 

I sit up and stretch my arms over my head, yawning, thenslip on some sweat pants and a tee shirt,. I then slide my flip flops on and walk outside, taking in a deep breath of the late summer/early fall air. I breath back out and walk down to the ice cream shop. They sell coffee there too, and I could seriously use a pick-me-up today. I walk up to the counter and recognize the employee from before. Zayn. It's a nice name. He turns around and looks at me.

"Hey, you're Harry, right?" He asks.

"Yeah. Why?"

"You're Louis Tomlinson's room mate."

I nod. How did he know that?

"I heard about what happened the other night. What was that all about?" He asks, leaning both his elbows on the counter and tossing aside the rag he was just cleaning with.

"Well.." I start. "He got a concussion and broke his-"

"No, no, no." He cuts me off. "I mean why was he so upset? Why did he run out of the room?"

"How do you know about that?" I question.

"Me and Lou have a few classes together. He told me he ran out of the room because he was upset and then everything else went down. But he didn't tell me why he was upset."

My mind lingers on the fact that he called him Lou. Does he let other people call him that? He must really hate me. 

"Hello?" Zayn says, snapping his fingers.

"O-oh.. sorry. It's- nothing really happened.. I'm holding up the line aren't I?" I say, my face getting red.

"Bro, calm down. No one else is here." He laughs. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. Anyway, what can I get for you?"

"Just a small coffee.." I say, looking down at my hands.

"That'll be... 1.14." He says. I nod and pull out my card. He takes it and scans it, then comes back with my coffee a moment later. "Have a good day." He says, smiling. 

I take my coffee and head out of the shop twoards the dorms. I'm lost in thoughts about how I forgot to call my mom back that night and I need to do that, and lot's of other things when I see Louis walking towards me, looking at his feet.

"Louis!" I say, grabbing his attention. He tries to hurry past but I grab his arm, whipping him around.

"What do you want?!" He asks.

"Just let me explain what happened. I-" I stop trying to explain. I just kiss him instead. He stands there, shocked for a moment before he starts to kiss back. My stomach erupts into butterflies. But not like the nervous, jittery kind the good kind. He wraps his arms around my neck, and I put my free hand on his small waist, trying not to drop my coffee. He pulls back after a moment and looks into my eyes.

"I thought you hated me.." He whispers. 

"Me? I thought you hated me!" I say. 

He shakes his head. "I'm sorry I was so rude. I was just upset and- and you can call me Lou if you want, I don't mind. I'm sorry I've been ignoring you."

"Don't apologize." I smile and press my lips to his again before we walk back to the dorm together.