Chapter 31

-Louis' POV-

"Does it hurt?" Harry lightly trails his fingers over the sling on my arm.

"Yeah." I say softly, pulling him onto my lap. I got home from the hospital today, and were sitting in my room.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Mhm." I place a kiss on his temple and he smiles softly.

"What was it like when you took those pills?"

I chew my bottom lip, thinking for a moment before answering. "Just- never do it." I finally choose some words which I think answer his question appropriately.

He nods and wraps his arms around my neck. I stare into his eyes for a moment. "Did you kiss Dylan, or did he kiss you?" I ask softly.

"He kissed me." He whispers.

"But you kissed back?"

He nods, frowning.

"And it only happened once, right?" I ask, fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

"Um.. 3 times..."

"What?!" What? What?!

"I'm so sorry, Louis, I didn't-"

"No, Harry, one time is one thing, because I get it, he's hot, and if he kissed you you might be taken by surprise and kiss back before you realised it. But three times? That means you- Get up."

"I know, Louis, I'm so sorry I-"

"Get up!" I say louder, and he scrambles off my lap, looking scared. I stand up off my bed and walk out of my room, slamming the door behind me. When I get on the other side of the door I slump down against it and bury my head in my hands. I let out a sob, trying to muffle it so my sister won't hear it from the next room over.

Her door opens and she peeks out. So much for that.

"Lou?" she walks over and crouches down next to me. I wipe the tears from my eyes and look up at her. "What's wrong?" she frowns.

"Harry kissed Dylan three times. Not just one." I whisper. I don't want Harry to hear us.

She furrows her eyebrows. "Guys suck, don't they?"

I nod and giggle softly. I always thought I would be the one giving my sister the 'guys suck' talk, not the other way around.

"Do you want me to go talk to him?" she asks, laying a hand on my shoulder.

I bite my lip and contemplate this before nodding.

"Okay. Go clean up, you have that stupid guy liner you wear all over your face. I'll give him a piece of my mind." She pulls me up and hugs me before I hurry into the bathroom.

-Harry's POV-

I sit on his bed, preparing for the speech I'll give him about how sorry I am when he comes back in. I really am sorry, and I hate myself for kissing Dylan. I only love Louis, but I'm so scared that he's not going to forgive me this time. I hear the door creek a little and I stand up as it swings open. "Louis I'm so- oh." Lottie is standing there, eyebrows raised. She kicks the door closed behind her and locks it.

"Listen here, douchepants." She walks up to me and shoves my chest, knocking me off my feet and back onto the bed. "You made my brother cry. And I know for a fact that this isn't the first time you've managed to do that." My eyes widen. "So I suggest you either catch a flight back to America, or clean up your act and stop making out with people who aren't your boyfriend who loves you with all of his heart. Got it?"

"Got it." I nod, my eyes still wide as she backs away.

"Good." She unlocks the door and leaves, shutting it behind her.

-Louis' POV-

I stare into the mirror until my eyes aren't puffy and red. 3 times. The words still echo in my brain. I hear a knock on the door and open it.

"Done." Smiles Lottie.

"What did you say to him?" I ask, leaning against the bathroom counter.

"He got the point." She laughs and pulls me into a hug. "I'm sorry, Louis."

"It's okay. I just love him a lot, and the fact that he did that hurts. I'm so scared he's going to find someone better than me. And, lets face it," I pull back and wipe my eyes. "Dylan is gorgeous. And taller than me, and probably a better kisser than me."

"I can see the way Harry looks at you. He loves you. Go talk to him."

I nod and scoot around Lottie, walking to my door. I take a deep breath before opening it. My eyes automatically lock on Harry's. I feel my eyes brim with tears and I notice a tear fall down Harry's cheek. I run up to him and wrap my good arm around his neck, releasing a sob into his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, Louis." He says. I can tell he's crying too. "I was going to give you a big speech but I have no excuse."

"It's okay. It's fine." I pull back and place a hand on his cheek. I kiss his tears away and he pulls me closer.

"I'm a jerk. I don't deserve you. You deserve better." He chokes and looks into my eyes. I shake my head and press my lips to his.

"You messed up. But it's okay. I love you." smile through the tears.

"I love you too." He hugs me tightly, pressing his lips to my neck.

"What did my sister say to you?" I ask, pulling back.

"She called me douchepants and knocked me over onto your bed then told me I better shape up." He laughs.

"You deserved it." I say, laughing.

"How do you go from hating me to loving me again so fast?" he asks, running a hand through my hair.

"I've never not loved you. That's why it hurt. I know I shouldn't have freaked out but one kiss is much much different than three. And it's probably going to take me a while to get over it, but I'm standing here holding you and telling you I love you because it's the truth. Even if I am mad."

"You're amazing. You really are. I'll never do anything like that again. I swear."

"Good." I say and press my lips to his.

A/N- hello friends sup okay so I love this story and I really want to continue it but I feel like there's not much further it can go honestly,so I'm thinking of writing a sequel called After Math about what happens after their lives got turned up side down. Would you guys read it? lemme know hugs n kisses thx bye xo