Chapter 19

-Louis' POV-

I stand up off the bed, running my hands through my hair, and look at the clock. It's 4:18. I hadn't slept. My brain had been arguing both sides all night. On the one side it was saying 'he might actually hurt you next time', but the other side just kept staring at that pack of tissues that he had his dad give me and thinking how much I love him. I pace around before walking to the door. I put my hand on the knob and stand there for a moment.

I can't.

I puff out a breath and suck on my lip ring, letting go of the knob and rubbing my fore head. What if I tell Harry that I trust him and he doesn't want me back? My brain is making up all the worst case scenarios. I take a deep breath and open the door. I stare at Harry's closed room, then quietly step into the hall and close the door behind me, walking to Harry's. I grab his door knob and twist it, as quietly as I can. It's not locked, so I step in and shut it behind me. I walk over to the edge of his bed. He's sound asleep. There's balled up tissues all over the floor. He looks so perfect. I kneel down beside his bed so my face is level with mine and run my fingers through his hair softly.

"Harry." I whisper, as I run my fingers along his cheek. His eyes flutter open.

"Louis-?"

I nod and smile.

"Louis I'm so sorry I know I've said it a million times but-"

"Shh. It's alright."

"Really?" He stutters slightly.

"Mhm." I kiss his nose.

"I promise, I'll never, ever do anything like that again."

"I trust you."

"Will you stay with me tonight? I laid here crying for 2 hours before I fell asleep. I don't like sleeping with out you." He looks into my eyes.

"I couldn't sleep either. Of course I will."

He makes room for me and I climb in, pulling his body into my arms.

"Please," He whispers. "Please do not hurt yourself. I love you so much."

Tears prick my eyes. " I..." I swallow hard and blink away the tears. "I'll try. It's Hard. I want this to be over and this just feels like the only way out right now."

"You can't do it anymore Lou."

"Why? It's not like I'm going to kill myself-"

"Okay, well then next time you cut, take my arm and cut me as deep and as many times as you cut yourself."

"Why would I do that, I would never hurt you-" And then all at once it made sense.

"Do you understand now?"

I nod and let the tears slip from my eyes.

"I would never want you to hurt yourself so.. why would you want me to hurt myself.." I say softly.

He nods. "Can I see your arm?"

I tuck a stray piece of hair behind my ear and roll up my sleeve.

He slowly plants kisses on my arm, covering each of the scars.

"I love you so much." I whisper.

"I love you too."

I pull him as close to me as possible and he buries his head into my neck.

"I'm just so sorry. "

"Stop apologizing, babe." I tangle my fingers in his curls and kiss him softly. "It's alright."