Chapter 3

~Louis' POV~

I finished my last class of the day and hurried back to the dorm. It was the first day of classes and I was exhausted. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened between me and Harry 2 nights ago. since then, he'd come out of his shell a little. I don't know why I thought it'd be a good idea to grab his hand.. and I felt guilty about it ever since. He told me it didn't bother him. But he was just trying to be nice, and as hard as I try to convince myself that that isn't the case, I know it is. I sigh as I open the door to me room to see him standing on his bed with headphones in his ears hanging up a poster of David Bowie. Wow. He just got 100% cooler. I smile and watche him hang it, step back, take it down and hang it again. He did this about three times until he gets it perfectly straight.

Then he starts singing.

And oh.my.god was it beautiful. I recognize the song as Jessie's Girl. One of my favorites. He turns around and notices me. His cheeks flush red and he jumps off his bed.

"Did- did you hear that?" He asks, shyly. 

I just sit there, leaning against the door smiling at him. He looks back, and after a moment looks down at his feet. 

"Yes, I heard it." He cheeks get even more red, if it's possible. "And it was amazing." I add. He sits down on his bed looking at his hands and I walk over and sit down next to him. "So you like old music then?" 

"Yeah.." He says, still blushing.

"Hey," I chuckle. Don't be embarrassed. Play your guitar and sing me something. I wanna hear more!"

"Um.. no I don't think-" 

"Come on! Just one song. Not even the whole thing, just a little. Pleasseee?" I beg.

He sighs. "Well... okay." 

"Yay!!" I say, and clap my hands like a little kid. He stands up and walks over to his guitar and gets it out of the case. He sits back down and tunes it quickly, blushing the whole time. "What are you going to play?" 

"Um... Asleep. By the Smiths." He says.

"I love the Smiths!!!" 

"I- I'm not done with this song yet and I only know the first verse so-"

"It's okay!" I say. "Go ahead!" I smile widely.

He plays the intro and then starts to sing shyly, 

"Sing me to sleep

Sing me to sleep
I'm tired and I
I want to go to bed

Sing me to sleep
Sing me to sleep
And then leave me alone
Don't try to wake me in the morning
'Cause I will be gone
Don't feel bad for me
I want you to know
Deep in the cell of my heart
I will feel so glad to go

Sing me to sleep
Sing me to sleep
I don't want to wake up
On my own anymore"

"That's all I know.." He adds, when he finishes. "I know it's probably not that good because I've only been working on this for a coupple of d-"

I cut him off by slamming my lips against his. He doesn't kiss back. After a few seconds I pull back. He looks shocked.

"H-Harry?"

He doesn't say anything. My heart sinks. I hold back tears and stand up, running out of the room.

~Harry's POV~

"H-Harry?"

I barely hear him. I'm in total shock. I see him tear up, and before I know it, he's ran out of the room. I swallow hard and put my guitar down on the bed beside me. 

What the heck just happened? I take a deep breath and stand up. Well this sucks. Now he probably thinks I hate him.. which isn't true at all. I wanted to kiss back but... I've never been kissed before and I was so surprised and- I shake my head and pull myself out of thought. I need to go find Louis.

I run out of the dorm building and down the side walk. It's getting dark out and I cant find him. 

"Louis?!! Where are you??" I yell. I don't know what to do. It's not safe for him to be out here alone at night. Or me for that matter. But I have to find him. I search as much of the campus as I can. I'm in tears. I don't know what to do. Finally I run across a teacher for one of my classes. He's walking to his car, but I run to the parking lot and stop him.

"Dr. Evans!!" I yell. 

"Oh, hello.... Harry is it?" He says, smiling.

"Yeah yeah" I say frantically. "Something happened between me and my room mate Louis Tomlinson. He ran out of the dorm and I searched as much as I can and I'm worried and I don't know what to do and-"

"Woah, woah, Harry calm down." He says, laying a hand on my shoulder. I'm breathing heavily and tears are coming to my eyes again. "What happened that made him run out?"

"He- It- It's not important I just need to find him." I say quickly, wiping my eyes. Dr. Evans sighs and nods. 

"Alright. I'm going to call my wife and tell her I'll be late for dinner. Then I'll talk to Mr. Ross." 

I nod. Mr. Ross is the univeristy president. Like the pricipal of the college.

"In the mean time," Asks Dr. Evans, "Have you tried calling him?"

I shake my head. "He left his phone in the dorm."

Dr. Evans nods. "Alright. Go back to your dorm. Look around the building for a second and if you find him there, call me. My number should be in the directory. If not, just stay calm and stay in your dorm, okay?"

I nod and head back to my dorm. I search around as much of the dorm building as I can. He's not there. I check all the bathrooms I can find then head back to my room with tears in my eyes. I open the door to my room and look up my newly hung poster that says "Bowie" on it in bold letters. I think about Louis asking me if I liked older music. I jump up on my bed and rip down the poster, sobbing violently.

Why did I have to be so stupid? Who knows where he is now and its all my fault! I kick my guitar off the bed and it lands with a thud. The strings ring but I'm too upset to care, even though that guitar is really important to me. I sit down on my bed, my sobs shaking my whole body. Suddenly my phone rings. My ringtone for my mom is Asleep by the Smiths. The song I just sang for Louis. This throws me over the edge. I pick up my phone and throw it at the wall and it stops ringing. I stop and look around. My guitar has a small hole where it got smashed on the floor. My new poster is ripped in half and my phone is lying on the floor with a huge crack on the screen. I sit on my bed again and bury my head in my hands crying softly. 

I hear the door open after a few minutes of this. I look up and see Louis walking in. He looks disoriented and his head is bleeding and he's holding his arm. 

"Oh my god, Louis are you okay??" I ask rushing over to him. He doesn't answer. He looks like he might pass out. I lead him over to them bed and lay him down. God, I feel awful. I'm such an idiot. 

I rush over to the desk where my copy of the staff and teacher directory is. I flip through and find Dr. Evans name. I go to grab my phone out of my pocket then remember I was an idiot and threw is across the room. I run over and grab it. Luckily it still works. I quickly dial his number and listen to it ring.

"Hello?" He asnwers.

"Dr. Evans. It's Harry. Louis just came back to the room. He's holding his arm and his head is bleeding, it looks like he hit it pretty badly. He looks like he might pass out." 

"I'll be right over Harry. Call 911 and give them the adress of the school and your rrom number. I don't know how bad it is but I'm not taking chances." And with that he hangs up, and I call 911.