Chapter 28

-Louis' POV-

"I had no idea, I'm so sorry." Says Dylan.

"I'm sorry I lashed out, there's no way you could've." I dangle my feet over the side of the counter where I'm sat, Harry standing next to me holding my hand. "We need to go somewhere. Where can we go?"

"A hotel, maybe?" suggests Harry. I nod and brush a stray piece of hair out of my face.

"But my mom's not home, and she doesn't know about this. What am I supposed to tell her, that I just want to go hang at a hotel with my boyfriend? Don't think she'll go for that."

Harry nods. "yeah..."

"Let's just go to my house. He has no idea where I live." Suggests Dylan, standing up from his seat at the kitchen table.

"Okay. I'll just text my mom and tell her." I scoot to the edge of the counter and Harry helps me down. I send a quick text to my mom telling her that I'll be at Dylan's and slide my phone back in my pocket. "I'm just gonna run upstairs and get some stuff."

-Harry's POV-

Louis jogs up the stairs and I lean against the counter, avoiding eye contact with Dylan.

"So, when did you and Louis start dating?"

"Um, like, not too long after school started." I look up at him for a second then look back down. He takes a step closer to me and I look back up at him awkwardly.

"How are things?"

"Good-" I say and he continues so step closer to me until he's standing about two inches away from me. He places a finger under my chin and lifts my face towards his. My heart flutters and he presses his lips to mine. I kiss back for a second before I realise what I'm doing. My eyes fly open and I push him off. "What the hell?" I say quietly.

"I'm sorry-" he says, stepping back. "I didn't- I'm sorry-"

"It's um.. Ok- just make sure Louis doesn't find out, alright? I say and he nods. A moment later Louis runs down the stairs.

"Sorry, I just thought I should change." Louis says. "Let's get going."

I nod and Dylan starts out of the house, me and Louis following behind him. Louis locks the door and we head towards Dylan's car.

We're all quiet as me and Louis get in the backseat and Dylan gets in the front. I chew on my lip and think about what just happened. Did I enjoy that? No, of course I didn't. I only like kissing Louis. Guilt fogs my head. Maybe I did enjoy it. His lips were really soft. Louis pulls me out of my daze when he grabs my hand. I look over at him and he presses a kiss to my lips. Oh god. Did I feel the spark? I can't tell. How do I even know? Louis is the only person I've ever kissed, up until about 5 minutes ago. "I love you." Louis says, smiling.

"I love you too." I say, but I'm almost convincing myself that I love him, instead of returning the words that I've always deeply meant. He lays his head on my lap and I run my fingers through his hair, trying to get my mind off of everything.

We arrive at Dylan's house a few moments later. I climb out of the car and Louis follows. Dylan shows us to his room and we sit down, in awkward silence.

"Well." Says Dylan, sitting down in between me and Louis. "Wanna watch a movie?"

Louis nods and stands up. "I'm going to go to the bathroom first." he exits Dylan's room and goes into the bathroom, leaving me alone with Dylan. He quickly scoots closer to me and presses his lips to mine, pulling me into him. I kiss him back, ignoring all the guilt I feel as his lips move in sink with mine, his hands on my waist. Soon the fact that I have a boyfriend returns to my head and I pull back quickly.

"What's the matter?" he asks, looking confused.

"It's- I am kissing my boyfriends best friend, that's what's the matter- oh my god." I stand up and run my fingers through my hair. "I'm in a committed relationship and I'm kissing you?"

"Hey, Harry, come on." He turns me around to face him. "It's not like he's going to find out. Plus, you don't love him any less just because you kissed me. Right?"

Right?

I don't know.

I hear Louis' small feet pad down the hall and I quickly go back to my seat, Dylan doing the same, before he opens the door. Louis forces a small smile and me and walks over, sitting down on my lap. His breathing is shaky and it looks as if he's been crying. I pull him close and let my lips linger on his neck. What was I thinking kissing Dylan? I love Louis with all my heart. But there's this kind of... I don't know adrenaline rush when I kiss him. I decide that I'll never kiss Dylan again, and try to put my mind at ease. But it doesn't stop the fact that I did. And willingly.

"Harry." Says Louis quietly.

"Yes baby?"

"What if Zayn hurts my family?"

"What do you mean?"

"He knows my address and my mum and sister are going to be home soon. We have to go back." He looks up at me with scared eyes.

"What? No, Louis, we can't go back, we have to keep you safe."

"And I have to keep my family safe! We have to go back!"

I take a breath and blow it back out. "Ok. We'll go back."

"But, Louis-" says Dylan.

"No, I have to go back."

---

-Louis' POV-

We arrive back at my house and I see my mums car in the driveway, telling me that she's home. I open the door and peek in cautiously. She's in the kitchen cooking something. Thank god.

"Hey mom." I force I smile and I walk in, followed my Harry and Dylan. "I think we should um.. go in the basement."

"What? Why?" she asks, putting down the knife she was using.

"Um... just... Dylan, Harry, will you go downstairs?" I turn to face them. "I want to talk to my mum." They nod and I point them towards the basement. Once they're down the stairs I step closer to my mum.

"Look. I don't want to scare you, but you need to take Lottie and that knife and come downstairs with me and the guys. It's important."

"Louis, what are you talking about?"

"Mum, I'll explain later. Just please."

"Ok, ok, I'll go get Lottie."

"Good. Take the knife. I'll be downstairs."

"You're scaring me, Louis-"

"Just go." I say and hurry down to the basement. When I get to the landing I listen to make sure everything's okay. I don't hear anything, so I open the door and peek into the room that Harry and Dylan are in.

Oh my god.

My heart drops.

They're kissing. Dylan's arms are tightly wound around Harry's waist, Harry's hands in his hair, they're lips moving together passionately. Tears brim my eyes and I slam open the door, stepping in the room. They pull back and Harry's eyes widen as he looks over at me.

"Louis- no, no, please don't cry, I'm so sorry." I can barely hear his words. My head is spinning and my knees feel weak. How could he do this to me?