Chapter 17

MAY BE TRIGGERING

-Harry POV-

"Louisss." I groan. I stretch and feel around for Louis before opening my eyes and realizing he isn't there. He slept in the guest room last night, just in case my mom came back. We wanted to play it safe. "LOUISSSS."

I hear a groan and then his small feet padding across the wood floor in the hallway. I smile as the door swings open and he walks in. His hair is messy and he's only in his underwear. He's so cute. His small hands and feet, his tattoos, his everything. He walks over and flops down in bed beside me and wraps his small arm around my waist.

"How did you sleep?" I smile.

"Terribly. Non stop calls all night. And texts. And emails. And also I missed you." He nuzzles his head into my neck and I kiss his cheek. "I should have known this wasn't going to help. I can't run away from this."

"Lou.." I frown and try to think of some way to comfort him, but I can't. "You need to call the police again."

"Harry, I don't know how much longer I can deal with this."

"Please call the police Louis. Please." I look into his eyes but he looks away. "It's not going to get any better if you don't call."

He takes his arms from around me and sits up, rubbing his forehead. "Do you have any Ibuprofen?"

I nod and get up, walking to the kitchen. I grab him a bottled water and two pills and jog back to my room.

"Here you go."

He takes them and swallows the pills quickly. "Thanks."

"By the way, I have to go to the store today to get some groceries. You can come if you want."

"I think I'll stay here, if you don't mind. I feel terrible and I want to get some rest."

"That's fine." I sit on the bed and pull myself towards the head board, leaning against it. Louis scoots over and kneels in between my legs, facing me.

I smile softly and kiss his nose. "I love you."

"I love you." He replies, and does the same to me.

"I told my dad I'd go first thing in the morning, so I should probably get dressed."

He nods and hops off the bed.

-Louis POV-

"Bye Lou, be back in an hour or so."

I smile and kiss him softly. "Bye."

As soon as he walks out, my smile vanishes. Tears prick my eyes and I rush to the bathroom, ripping open all the cupboards and drawers.

"Where's the stupid pills!" I whisper to my self. I don't want to wake Harry's dad up. I sigh and head to the kitchen, but all I find is the Advil Harry gave me earlier. That won't do much. I dig through some of the other drawers and pause. A razor. I bite my lip and think for a moment before grabbing it and heading back into the bathroom. I roll up the sleeve of the hoodie I threw on earlier and bite my lip as I drag the blade against my skin. I've never done this before, and it hurts and more than I imagined. But it also feels good.

I rinse off the blade and rinse the blood from my arm and the sink., then grab a paper towel and hold it to the cuts to stop the bleeding.

I head into the kitchen to put the blade away in the drawer I found it in.

"Louis, what are you doing?"

I whip around quickly and slam the drawer shut, hiding my arm behind my back. It's James.

"Oh, sorry.. I was just looking for the Ibuprofen." I lie.

"Right there." He smiles and points behind me.

I turn around and look, taking the opportunity to pull down my sleeve, shoving the paper towel up it.

"Ah." I grab the bottle and smile. "Thanks."

"Have you been crying? Your eyes look red."

"Nope, just allergies." I say and hurry back to the bathroom.

When I get there I roll my sleeve back up. It's still bleeding. I rinse it off again and dry it then pull my sleeve down.

-------------------

An hour later the door opens and Harry walks in. "Louis! I'm home!" I jog to the front door and take some of the bags from his hands. "Thanks." He smiles. "What's the on your sleeve?" He smiles goes away.

I look down. It's blood. "Um, I'm not sure I-"

"Give me your arm." He cuts me off.

"Why do you want-"

He puts down the bags and holds out his hand. "Give me our arm."

"No!" I say, a little louder than intended.

"Louis! Give me your arm!" He shouts at me.

I'm taken aback by his tone but I shout back.

"Leave me alone Harry!"

"What's going on in here?" Asks his dad, running in.

"GIVE ME YOUR ARM LOUIS." He keeps getting louder.

"NO I WILL NOT GIVE YOU MY ARM AND DON'T YELL AT ME."

He slams me against the wall, knocking the air out of me slightly. I gasp for air.

"HARRY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Yells James.

Harry grabs my arm and pushes up my sleeve and bites his lip. I see the tears come to his eyes, but I don't even care.

"Get off of me." I push him off and run up the stairs trying not to cry.

-Harry's POV-

I start to run after Louis but Dad grabs my sleeve and pulls me off the stairs.

"What the hell was that?" He asks. His voice is stern.

"Dad, he cut himself! He's hurting himself! What was I supposed to do, not say anything?!"

"I don't know, but that's not how you handle it."

"I- I'm sorry-"

"You're not supposed to scream at him and slam him against the wall, you're supposed to tell him it's going to be okay and you're here for him!"

The tears prick my eyes. "I- I wasn't thinking- I have to go apologize-"

"No, Harry. Let him be for a while."