Chapter 26

Sixty-two hours and thirty-two minutes.

"Good morning, Mrs. Bell." I smile at her as she watches me. she's been up for a few hours now. She lays beside me still in her pajamas, no makeup and her hair is a wild ball surrounding her face like a rebellious halo.

"Good morning, Mr. Bell." She's smiling as she strokes my hair. She's humming something from the reception but I don't know the name.

"First day of my life by Bright Eyes." She says before I can ask.

"Sing it to me." I reach around and her and trace circles into her back as she sings me the words.

"this is the first day of my life." She sings,

"Didn't you have work today?" I ask her "those dogs don't walk themselves"

"Shaina's wedding gift." She says.

"Another gift from Shaina, she's getting out of hand." I joke. Lana chuckles softly.

"She didn't have work today, she's walking my usual clients today for me so I can lay in bed with you for as long as we want." She brushes aside some bang that's getting too long.

"Alex is helping her." She adds before continuing the song.

"That's nice of him." I say.

"He said to consider it his gift." Lana skootched closer to me and slipped her arms around me. she pressed her ear to my chest and tapped the rhythm of my heart onto my back.

"He just didn't want to have to buy anything." I wrap her up in my arms.

"It's a sweet gesture either way." She stops humming and I can feel her heart against my chest.

"Then our wedding gift can be just as sweet." I kiss the top of her head. she nuzzles into my chest.

"So..." I hesitate because I'm not really sure I want this to end yet.

"Hmm..." She asks

"are you hungry or..." I leave the sentence open for her to finish.

"In a bit." She says.

"You'll be hungry in a bit or we'll get up in a bit?" I ask her.

She shrugs. "We'll see." I trail my fingers through her hair and hold her. I never want to let her go. I never want this feeling to end.

***

Lana smiles at me as she licks her ice cream and sings another song, her free hand resting in mine, she taps the rhythm of the song against my hand.

Sixty-seven hours and twenty-two minutes

"We have to get candy today." She licks her Ice cream.

"Sweet tooth today?" I ask her taking a bite out of her cone.

"What's today?" She asks with a playful eye roll.

"it is almost three days of us being Mr. and Mrs. Bell." I tell her confidently.

"Well... yes." She giggles "but that's not what we need the candy for." She holds the ice cream out to me after taking another bite of it.

"What do we need it for then?" I sigh feigning annoyance.

"It's October thirty first, Mr. Bell." She taps my nose "We need to lure children to the apartment somehow."

"It's Halloween?" I ask.

She laughs. "Take a look around, Theo, you didn't notice the people and kids dressed up around us?"

"Oh, come on." I pull her into my lap "you know I don't see anyone but you."