Chapter 6

I lay beside Lana, her hair is all over the place, covering half her face, tangled in her shirt strap, wrapped around her earrings. She looks peaceful though, happy. I brush her hair off her face, my hand aches when I do but I ignore it. She stirs and stretches but she doesn't wake up.

"You're so beautiful." I whisper and press a kiss to her temple. She doesn't move, I just watch her breathe. Her chest rises and falls as the sun creeps up over the horizon. I haven't slept all night. Part from thinking about the club and how poorly I protected her, if Alex hadn't been there, what would have happened? The other part from the pain in my hand and face.

I glance at the clock, It's five until six. I reach over and switch Lana's alarm off and watch the minutes tick by. Lana groans and yawns and stretches and she rolls toward the clock. The clock hit six o'clock and I rub my hand up and down Lana's arm.

"Good morning." I kiss her shoulder, she turns her head toward me and peels her eyes open.

"You're up early." A smile stretches across the whole length of her face and she slides her arms around me.

"Hard to sleep when you've got someone so beautiful and smart and amazing sleeping right next to you." I reach up to touch her cheek. Her mouth gaps open and she sits up.

"What's wrong?" I ask. She takes my hand in hers.

"Theo, your hand." She brushes her fingers over my swollen wrist.

"It's fine." I try to take it back but she holds onto me, her eyes full of worry. She shakes her head.

"Oh.." She caresses the side of my face.

"And you're eye too." Her brows draw together in concern.

"Really, it's fine." I try to soothe her.

"No, you need to go to the hospital." She pushes the covers off "it could be broken." She grabs a sweater from the floor and yanks on a pair of jeans.

"Lana, relax." I slide out of bed, she shoves the jeans and shirt I wore yesterday, into my good hand.

"No, get dressed." She pulls her hair into a pony tail and steps into some boots.

"Lana, stop." I try to stop her but she slips by and slips her bag onto her shoulder.

"Get dressed." She sighs and drops her hands "do you need help?"

"What?" I shake my head "no, Lana, just stop.

"Theo, you're hurt." She takes my clothes back and tosses my pants on the bed. "Now come here." She pushes the shirt over my head and feeds my good arm through the sleeve.

"Lana, just stop for a second." I catch her hand with my good one.

"No, Theo!" Her voice squeaks with her nerves. "You're hurt, let me take care of you." Her eyes are all misty again. I sigh.

"Lana, it's alright." I watch her distraught features tighten.

"No, it's not." Her bottom lip quivers "you got hurt, I got you hurt."

"No, you didn't." I take her hand in mine more gently "It was not your fault, it was that guys fault and mine because I didn't punch right."

"but..." Lana sighs

"No, no buts." I tell her more firmly "I'll go get this checked out but only if you stop blaming yourself."

"You'll go to the hospital?" She asks timidly.