Chapter 9

I tap at the keys again, hoping that this time it'll work. So far, I've made no progress and I think I'm overdosing on caffeine.

"This one would look so good on you!" Lana gushes, as she and Shaina flip through wedding magazines on the couch. Lana set out tea and cookies on one of her favorite wooden tray thing.

"Oh my gosh, yes!" Shaina squeals, she shoves the magazine at Alex. "what do you-no, shoot!" she hugs the magazine to her chest "never mind, don't look."

"Why not?" Alex laughs.

"You can't see the dress until the day, its bad luck." Shaina explains.

"Come on." Alex leans toward her "just a peak."

"No!" Shaina squeals, giggling as she pushes the magazine into Lana's hands. "It's bad luck and we don't need any of that."

Lana laughs and hides the magazine behind her back her back.

"Come on, just a peak." Alex reaches behind Lana, Lana squeaks and hops off the couch.

"Hey." I bark jokingly. "that's mine."

"Ooh," Shaina giggles "careful, Theo's getting possessive."

"Theo's just protective." Lana smiles at me, still hiding the magazine behind her back. Alex sidesteps the couch and holds his hand out to Lana.

"Come on," he says, "let me see."

Lana smiles wider and cocks her brow. "Nope." She tosses the magazine to Shaina, Alex just missed it.

"Now that one is mine." Alex pounces on Shaina, she shrieks and explodes into a fit of giggles. Alex kisses her and tries to slide his hand toward the magazine but Lana whisks past and snatches the magazine up.

"Almost." Lana holds the magazine out in front of her and flips it closed.

"Good thinking." Shaina pushes Alex off and Alex flops back against the couch. "I just wanted a peak." He groans.

"You will get the full effect on September sixteenth of next year." Shaina nudges against Alex "Now, go sit on the chair so Lana and I can keep looking at wedding dresses." Shaina pushes Alex off the couch and Lana plops back down beside her.

"I love wedding dresses." Lana sighs "they're so beautiful."

"Yeah." Shaina agrees "except for that on." She makes a face at the page Lana has the magazine open to. "that one is ugly."

"No particularly my style." Lana halfway agrees, always reluctant to be mean, even if that person would never find out. Lana, she's just good like that.

"Whatcha working on?" Alex plops down beside me with his cup of coffee but he's not watching me, he's watching Shaina.

"Attempting to write." I sigh sitting back. Alex nods, still watching Shaina.

"thank you." Alex says suddenly finally looking at me.

"For what?" I half laugh half scoff.

"You and Lana, you're so solid." He says, "it's like you two just belong together, watching you guys... it's as easy as breathing for you two."

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"You made me a better boyfriend, Theo." Alex says.

"Dude, I still don't get what you're saying," I admit "I mean, how could I have anything to do with you and Shaina's relationship.?"

"You just showed me it is possible to find the right girl and when I opened my eyes to it, I found Shaina." He shakes his head and chuckles "I mean, you don't marry a girlfriend or a boyfriend, you don't even look for a wife or a husband." His eyes shift toward Shaina "you find a best friend, you marry your best friend and you just enjoy each other."