Chapter 19

"I love it!" Lana's voice yanks me out of my sleep.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" she squeals, her weights knocks me back onto the couch and she's showering me with kisses.

"What did I do?" I laugh, I grab her waist to keep her from falling.

"The necklaces." She giggles kissing me "they're beautiful." She kisses me some more "they're amazing." She kisses my eyes and my nose and my cheeks "they're perfect." She kisses my neck and squeezes me as tight as she can. Lana is the best hugger.

"When did you get them?" She asked sitting on my lap and holding the box in her hand then she slid me a playfully suspicious look. "Is this why you were out so late?"

She sits there looking at me with her hopeful eyes. She loves me, she trusts me.

I didn't mean for Heather to kiss me. Maybe I don't have to say anything, maybe I don't have to ruin this moment right now.

"I kissed Heather." I probably could have done that a little gentler.

"What?" Lana's smile falls. I can read her like a , she's confused and wondering if she heard me wrong, probably wondering if she did something wrong.

"What?" she asks again, she's trying to give me the benefit of the doubt.

"Well, Heather kissed me." I clarify.

"Well that's a little different than the first thing you said." Lana tries to laugh it off but she can't quite do it.

"She was drunk and I thought she was just being weird because I smelled pot on her and she wouldn't stop but I didn't want her to get hurt so I was trying to help her to the couch and she just kissed me." I watch her, she's thoughtful. Her eyes drop to the box in her hands and she frowns just the slightest bit.

"Is that why you got these" She asks.

"What?" I should have know that would be the first thing she went to, it's a natural question, she hates apology gifts though. She doesn't like gifts for a purpose, expected gifts. I think it's part of the reason she doesn't really celebrate holidays or tell me when her actual birthday is.

She places the box into my hand "If that's why you got these I don't want it." She says firmly.

"No, Lana..." I trail off as she slides onto the couch and crosses her arms, not like she's mad, like she's putting a shield up to protect herself.

"No, I did not buy these because of what Heather did." I kneel on the floor in front of her. "I left the party and I passed a shop and I saw them and I didn't want to risk someone else buying them so I knocked on the door and by some miracle the owner was awake and he answer the door and he engraved them for me right there." I try to catch her eye but if she's trying not to cry she avoids eye contact.

"Lana please, I swear, I swear Heather had nothing to do with this. I got them because you deserve nice things and I know I can't buy them for you most of the time but I could get this for you and I wasn't going to pass it up, that's it and you don't celebrate holidays so I didn't see the point in waiting." The words are just spilling out and Lana still isn't' looking at me.

"I was going to give it to you last night but you were so peaceful and you always wait up for me and you're the best human being in the world and I couldn't not get these for you and I didn't want to wait to tell you about Heath because I felt like that would be lying and it would have been stupid to wait because it didn't mean anything, she kissed me, I didn't kiss her back I pulled away immediately I just don't ever want to keep secrets from you and if I waited any longer than you waking up then it would have been a secret." I take a breath and Lana stares at the arm of the couch for a moment before the smallest of smiles plays around the corner of her lips.