Chapter 10

Lana lays across the grass on the blanket with her sketch book in front of her. She scribbles away practicing. She's really gotten good at it, she wants to do realism.

"How's the book?" Lana asks, her eyes still on the paper.

"It's great, I love Scott Westerfield." I try to focus on my book but I love watching her stress, she's just always doing something to better herself.

"You've been on the same page for the last ten minutes." She smiles at me over her shoulder "I know you read faster than that."

I sigh and lay on my back beside her "it's not easy when you're just laying here looking all beautiful and ethereal."

"Oh my gosh stawp!" She drops her head onto her sketch book.

"Stop what?" I ask twirling a lock of hair around my finger. "being honest."

"You're too much." She props her head on her hand and just looks at me.

"I just think you deserve to know how much I love you all the time." I tell her honestly, she loves honest love.

"Yeah?" She bites her lip trying to hide her smile.

"definitely." I sit up and peck a kiss on her lips. She giggles and follows me back to the ground keeping her lips on mine.

"I love you so much, Theo." She whispers wrapping her arms around my neck.

"I love you more than anything else." I wrap my arms around her "you're my world, Lana." Her arms tighten around me and she just holds onto me. I squeeze her back I'm here for you I think I'm right here, just tell me what wrong. I don't say anything though, I just hold her.

"Sorry." She gives a breathy laugh and sits back. "I interrupted your reading." She lays back down in front of her sketch book and starts in on some shading. I try to read my book but my eyes keep falling on her, just watching her. her hair is frizzy today, she's got a rash on her shoulder half hidden under her t-shirt. It always flares up when she's stressed. She chews on her cheek as she focuses on her drawing, her eyes squint a little then she starts to smile. She's liking her work so far. Her legs kick in the air and she starts to hum again.

"What song is that?" I ask her. she smiles, her eyes firmly on her drawing.

"Phoenix by Lindsey sterling." She says.

"Sing me the words." I tuck her hair behind her ear.

"it's instrumental," she says "Lindsey is that amazing dancing violinist we were watching the week."

"Oh, I thought it sounded familiar." It didn't, I didn't remember it at all but, Lana is good with music though.

"It's beautiful, isn't it." She continues humming it, she sounds nice. She's not amazing at singing but she sounds nice.

"Yeah." I agree but I'm not talking about the music.

She switches a few songs after a few minutes of humming Phoenix before she settles on one I recognize. It's the one she was humming at the park the other day. The one by Neal or Niall or something like that. I don't remember the title but she likes it, that's good enough for me.

I turn over and set my book in front of me. I glance at her drawing, she's really doing well on the shading. She always says the shading is the hardest part for her, I think she just never practiced it before.

"Looking good." I tell her. she smiles.

"Thank you." She stops for a second before she starts in again on the other side of the face. She's content just doing this. A five-dollar sketch book, the fifty pack of Crayola colored pencils and the sun hanging over her. it's warm for a fall day today.