Chapter 25

Lana loves music, I shouldn't be surprised that she's already got a playlist made for the reception, as small as it is, a little cramped in my grandma's house but it's cozy and we're surrounded by family.

"It took you long enough." Grandma smacks my shoulder as we dance. Alex dances with Lana and Shaina dances with my cousin, I think he's found another girl to love.

"Sorry, grandma." I kiss the top of her head "better late than never, right?" I chuckle. She smiles

"That's right." She dances us toward Lana and Alex. Alex takes the hint and swaps dance partners with me.

"Hello Mr. Bell." Lana giggles.

"Good evening Mrs. Bell." God I love that She is Mrs. Bell. My name is now a part of her name. Lana Mae Bell.

"Lana Mae Bell." Lana smiles.

"It's got a nice ring to it." I snort a laugh and she bites her lip.

"yYeah, it does." She lets me lead her through what little dancing I know. After everything, after every single little thing that's happened and made me doubt Lana's love for me... feels so meaningless now.

"No more secrets." I tell her. her hands tighten on my shoulders.

"Theo I—"

"Hey." Heather stands there in a black cocktail dress, she fiddles with her bag while shifting her eyes to Lana's.

"Lana..." Heather starts, "I imagine Theo told you about the uh... the other night." Heather twists her purse strap around her finger.

"The kiss?" Lana asks.

"Yeah..." Heather is struggling and maybe I should save her the stress of a confession and a tacked on apology but Lana stands there, a soft smile on her lips, her eyes wide open and looks at Heather with kindness.

"I'm really sorry, I was so messed up that night and... well... I've always kind of had a crush on Theo but I never did anything because he's always been so madly in love with you and well..." Heather took a breath "Lana, I am so sorry for what I did and if I caused any strain, not that I could, you guys are perfect together, but still." Heather finally meets Lana's eyes. "I am truly and whole heartedly sorry."

Lana steps away from me and pulls Heather into a hug "thank you for the apology." Lana steps back and takes Heather's hand.

"everything is fine, he explained and I understand." Lana looks to me "it'd be hard to for me to keep my hands off him if he were yours instead of mine." She turns back to Heather. "Please, enjoy the cake and the snacks. Theo's Grandma really knows how to throw together a fast party."

"Thank you, Lana." Heather bobs her head toward me but her eyes are firmly on Lana. "and congratulations." Heather dips out to a less awkward part of the room and I pull Lana back into my arms.

"Most people would have decked her." I tell her resting my chin on her head.

"It wouldn't have changed or fixed anything." Lana says simply "it would have bee wasted energy and ruined this." She raises her hands up, gesturing to the party.

"and I don't want this to be ruined, I just want to enjoy it." Lana sighs contentedly and starts to hum along with the song.

"What song is this?" I ask her.

"I was made for loving you by Tori Kelly and Ed Sheeran." She rests her head on my shoulder and continues humming the songs until she's singing it softly into my ear.