Chapter 33

How can I even think he likes me. "Such a fool". I mutter to myself. He is the heir of such a big empire. And I can so sure tell that he hates me. If not why would he do this to me. I should be more real. Stop imagining things that doesn't happen in reality Sashi. My conscious shouts at me. I must stop thinking of the unthinkable and start to focus on my job and career.

   My parents have already started their perfect Groom hunt. Maybe I have a year or half with this company, Bangok and with him. And a person such as him with so much reputation, money and family background have nothing to do with a girl like me. It's Never possible. Period.

   But why do I get this strange feeling. I can't stop thinking about this. I like to make him angry, I like fighting with him and I like him. Yeah. I like him. Stupid heart. Please once in life listen to the wise brain. It's not good for both if I keep on crushing about him. Ah. I'm going bananas here.

The party was just week ahead. I had to plan everything. I couldn't even ask for help. Because my whole department is working with a new project and here I am alone organizing an important meeting and party for very important people. Jenny is still mad at me. She replies to whatever I ask but doesn't care to even smile at me. What if she really likes him like Shan Shan said. I must stop being nonsensical now. I don't even have the right to like him and being jealous is far from that. 

   "Stop stressing out yourself. Everything will sort out itself". Uncle Fernandez says as he pats my shoulder and hands me a cup of coffee. Oh I needed that very much.

   "What do you know about girls problems? Get the hell outta here". Aunt Lucy says and takes a seat nearby me. Remember the old couple in the neighboring floor I said.

  I couldn't speak to my besties back home because they are busy with their lives and I don't want them trouble with mine.

   "What is it darling?. What's bothering you?". She asks so politely and with care.

   "Work issues Lucy aunty". I say. It's half the truth.

  "But child there's something else besides that which is eating you out. Whatever it is darling stay the way you are. God has a plan for everyone. Good people will deserve better. Stay the way you are Sashi". She told. First time in such a long time I felt good for having these people around me and felt very bad that I missed my mom so much.

*****************************************************

"Are the after drinks ready? Where is the manager? He must welcome the guests on behalf of our company. Make sure the valet service is managed and they take the vehicles to only our allotted parking". I move here and there asking, yelling and answering people.

   "Ms.Sashi". I hear a voice call out my name.

  Ah the art team. "Yes Mr.Su I want you to move the painting a bit more to left and the podium will be under the spotlight on and off when the speakers change. And I want the reception to be a bit more subtle. No lilies because one of our guests are allergic to it". With no break I list out all. He patiently hears everything.

   "Sure. But we couldn't arrange for the extra mannequins you asked for. The shipment is delayed". He says.

  "What? But I gave the order to you six days back. Please don't back out on me now. I want you to arrange for rentals using your acquaintance and charges will be on you for the last minute shocks you're giving me". I say and leave him hanging.

   15minutes to go for the guests to arrive and I hear Shan Shan calling me from the hotel lobby.

   "You must go clean yourself and wear decent clothes, gosh look at yourself". She says and turns me to face the glass reflection. The meeting's gonna start and I'm still in my jeans and tees with a long shrug, my hair in a messy bun with a tired face.