Chapter 32

"Maybe as Jenny said you are overthinking about him". Alicia mutters as she drinks her beer.

   "Or maybe Jenny likes Arjun and that's why she only sees and says good shit about him".  Shan Shan said gulping her beer. I just gave her a nasty stare. "WHAT? Everyone thinks that. Don't you dare look at me like that". She spat.

"Who is thinking these nonsensical things apart from you". I say.

  "Maybe she's right. Jenny may like your boss and that's why she's always supporting him. Haven't you seen those pretty little girls acting innocent and always backing up their cute crushes and making a point before them". Alicia says and nudges me to say something. But nothing comes out.

"Why are we even discussing about this?". Huh. "Because you started it!". Shan Shan.... Oh God...

   "Wait a sec..". She mutters and gets up. I give a puzzled look and see Alicia giving the same.

    "Or do YOU like him?". She asks pointing her finger towards me. No way.

    "In your dreams". I say bluntly but she doesn't buy it. Alicia too smirks and both the girls pound on me and tickle me. All three of us start to giggle and I say no all the time. It then becomes a pillow fight the whole night. I couldn't sleep. Am really being true about it?

****************************************************************

"Get me the files of the Bangladeshi tieups. Now". Mohammed called out from his desk. I very quickly did the same running to his desk from the lockers. I was panting and suddenly got nervous as I felt him so close to me.

  "Is the contract ready?". Arjun asked from my behind. What's with this feeling..?

"Not yet sir. The clause that had a wavier must be analyzed more carefully. We'll get it on your table by noon". Mohammed replied before I could open my mouth. I didn't want to turn.

   I heard him move away. But then I heard him speak. "Ms. Sashi I want you in my office in ten". And then he left.

   I took a deep breath and knocked his door. God knows how long was I standing there idly before knocking.

  "Yes, come in". Is all I hear. I get in and stand in front of his table. He waves me to take a seat. "Thank you". I mutter.

   "Ms.Sashi how are the procedures for the Australian client proposal going on?". "They are lagging behind collateral documents Mr.Arjun. We already informed the client to give us the docs so that we could proceed with the production but they insist they want to have a word with you". I say.

    "Or do YOU like him?". Shan Shan's words echo in my ears but I try to while them away.

  "Ok I'll look into it. I need to discuss something important with you". He says. Important?

   I just nod my head. He continues. "We have an official meeting next week. It's also kind of party with the shareholders". He says and looks at me if I am listening  I look keen and listening. He then proceeds "I want you to be the event organizer". Wait what?

   "Me?". "Yes you Ms.Sashi. I want you to organize each and everything needed and make sure the meeting goes well. The shareholders are tough people. Just make sure they are not angry with anything". Now he goes back to his files. "You can get the guest list and the other details from Ms.Jennifer".

   "But I've never done this. I've never attended such a meeting too. What if I miserably fail in planning it. There are people who are seniors here I think they can organize it far better than me". I stutter.

  "The job is assigned to you Ms.Sashi. You can leave. That will be all". He is done. Argh...
Oh bugger.