Chapter 5

I liked the Floating market and nearly spent half of my savings for the local groceries for my friends and my home. There I wished that I should have came alone coz having a shot of tequila in the Floating market is very famous in Bangkok. An instinct told me I will come here later. But I just waved away that feeling.

     The fashion market Pratunam is just an amazing place to visit in Bangkok. For people who want to go to a good place for shopping, Pratunam is the best place for you. And for gifts it's just Asiatique and Pantip plaza for gadgets and technical stuff. 

      Our plan was a bit messed due to the traffic. Pantip and Asiatique were first to visit and Pratunam was last. But Asiatique is the best for evening shopping. As we were rushing past in the alley of the market I just took note of whatever I saw in every store. Fashion is in my whole system. I just love loving fashionable things.

     "This is just the best day of my life". I mumbled to myself and my mother was smiling at everything and everyone she saw.

My dad and the guide were waiting at the car parking, checking out the new gadgets my brother has bought. We both were left alone because in the markets most of them knew English. At least the basics to communicate.

     While mind clicking pictures I just spotted a wonderful work of art in a shop. It was a woven woollen shawl. It  had A pattern of dragons and flowers in different colors. I just fell in love with it at first sight. But when I checked the price I was shocked.

  "A thousand and fifty baht?". My mouth was just wide open as mom gave me questioning look and the shop owner or maybe just an in charge came forward to help me.

    He greeted us and started "1050 baht. Real Cashmere shawl. Best in Bangkok. First class quality. Packing?". He asked me. I gave him a Stern look and replied.

     "This is not Cashmere shawl. And only 250 baht". The words came more stern than I expected. His face just went pale.

   I never thought I'll come to another country and take up a fit like this. Whatever I thought it was more than I expected. The bargain has attracted a lot of attentions. Me and the shop owner, both didn't give up.

    He started yelling in Thai language. And that was something he shouldn't have done. My mother left to call my dad as I was uncontrollable. I started yelling in my own tongue. That's when I felt something. A feeling of someone near me. It was strange and I suddenly felt so vulnerable.

   "What's going on?". A voice questioned from behind. And I felt the presence so intoxicating in a way. A pull I've never felt before.

       The stranger was too close now.