Chapter 31

After all those incidents I couldn't look at Arjun the way I wanted to. I feel so much more of the Stranger God feeling than the bossy, grumpy Arjun. I like him. Yeah I admit. But more than that I hate him. And the reason for that is because he is bipolar. One minute he smiles and the other he yells at you in front of the whole office.

      And that Kadoos (means Grumpy) now sent me to meet a client who is more grumpier than him. I had one hell of a day with the client. When I reached the office it was already afternoon and I missed both my breakfast and lunch. Thanks to him.

    The first thing I noticed when I entered the office was, I spotted someone new in the reception. Alexa wasn't there. In her place a new Filipino girl was attending the calls. She looked up to me gave a dry smile and continued with her call. Before I could say or ask anything I saw Saneem walk out of the developing department with a couple of files and seeing me he nodded me to come over to him. I did. "She's the new receptionist. Don't ask me where's Alexa and don't ask me what happened. I don't know the answer for both". That's all he said and left me there wondering what happened.

    I asked each and everyone of them in the office but nobody knew nothing about Alexa and her disappearance. It's been two days and her phone was switched off. Jenny, whenever I would ask about this would get an imaginary call and walk away.  Finally I lost my patience.

   Knocking the door twice and without waiting for the call I entered the cabin. Schocked eyes of Jenny and Arjun were staring at me. "I need to know what happened to Mrs.Alexa Charles". I say.

    "Don't you have your own business to mind Ms. Sashi?".  He questioned me.

   "As a part of this concern if one of the employee is absent and if that employee is also someone who matters to matters related to my work and to me, yes I have all the business to question sir". I mutter with gritted teeth. Where the hell did I learn English?

   "Sashi!". Jenny whispers in a very warning but panicked tone.

   I don't give a shit at that time. Sorry Jenny. I just stare at Arjun. We both were not ready to give up. Until Jenny got up and excused herself and pulled me out along with her.

    "Are you insane Sashi? Don't you have any manners?". What? "Don't I have any manners? What do you think I'll sit simply when he fires one of his best employees and no one will question out of fear and he can do whatever he wants as he's the Boss?".

   "No one's questioning him because everyone knows very well that he's not as much of a jerk you think he is and FYI he didn't fire Alexa". She says as I look at her shocked.

   "He didn't?". I ask. "No he didn't. He just saved her from an abusive marriage and sent her to his other concern in abroad with her child, safely at his own risk and guarantee". She says."And this is known only to Mr.Arjun and Alexa. I came to know about it when I had to help Alexa and her kid for the Visa procedures".

    "He's not as bad as you think, Sashi. And I'm not taking sides. Don't think that. You are just being too mean and rude when it comes to him". "Because he is being a jerk to me at times". I mutter. Jenny exhales.  "Will you then accept if he's being nice, smiles and talks too cheesy to everyone? Won't you call him a perv? I know you will. All I want to say is Sashi, 'Don't judge a book by it's cover'".

      And then she vanishes leaving me behind in a trance.