Chapter 24

"Cheers!". Everyone said in chorus when the head Sanjay sir from Developing Dept's speech was over. It was just the fun moments and a small welcome gesture from everyone.

Most of them were very happy and confident on their alcohol tolerance and took too many shots. Shan Shan and Alicia as well were drinking. Jenny just took a shot of cranberry tequila followed by a Margarita. Ling and Saneem were having big glasses of beer. Mohammed didn't drink coz of his religious beliefs and stuff. Alok also didn't drink. He was just having a mocktail soda.

Alexa left as soon as the dinner was over. And some others from other Depts also left. It was people who I was more acquainted stayed back a little longer. I thought Arjun won't come but he came. He was busy with his other offices and their stitching unit problems in Bangladesh.

"Come on now. I want you to sing". Shan Shan said pulling my hand. What? No me singing here. Not possible.

"No Shan Shan. Not happening. I think you should stop drinking. You're starting to get drunk". I said.

"No come on. You're such a good singer. Sushi don't ditch me please". She said with her puppy eyes. She is drunk.

"Shan Shan. You're drunk. Stop it. Uh. You can take Alicia". I point to Alicia and they both start to murmur something and chuckle like insane.

Everyone start laughing and I see some of them getting up already moving their hands and stepping on the stage. Then the songs are played very loud and everyone gets into a frenzy making moves. It was just crazy. I sat there laughing. I just took a sip of my orange juice and enjoyed the show.

Suddenly I felt someone push me from behind and I just fell front but thank goodness I didn't kiss the floor. When I turned angrily I saw a grinning Jenny. "Stop being dumb and show us some moves". She said very dramatically.

"Jenny!". I was out of breath. I saw eyes starting at me. Jenny my enemy for now straight in front of me. Other two were Alok and Arjun. Shit I say to myself and straighten. No. "No. I can't dance Jenny. I don't know how to". I say.

Actually I know. But I don't want to. I don't know why. I just don't want to in front of these people. I mean those two.

"Oh stop it and come". Jenny reaches to me and pulls me towards the stage. Everyone cheer. I see from the corner of my eye. Arjun takes a sip of his Root beer and Alok stretched out with his hands on either side of the sofa. Both intently looking at the stage. I can't say its me. The sound gets even more louder.

"Oh shit!". I exclaim and take a deep breath closing my eyes. And then for the next ten minutes I don't know what exactly happened. I just danced like crazy and I could feel everyone turning so damn cheery and I felt all eyes focused on me. "Damn girl. You're awesome. Sexy". Alicia murmured into my ears.

"I accept. You are a damn good dancer". She shouts. "Don't lie to me ever again". She says again.

"You asked for it. I'm sorry". I say and head back to the sofa. I am breathing very hard. I was now in the middle. I felt both men staring at me again. I took a sip of my juice.

"You don't drink?". I heard someone whisper.