Chapter 14

Bangkok gives you a refreshing feel when you place foot on the land. I don't usually get jet lags, so I straight away wanted to head out to buy some groceries. But it was a colleague in the  Merchandising department who was instructed from the office to pick me up and take me to the stay.

   As I exited the airport, near the arrival entrance I saw a name board having my name and headed towards the person. The person was hiding his head behind the board. I went on and knocked the board and cleared my throat.

   The person moved the board and I saw a man of maybe early 20s. He was wearing spectacles. Fair and fit. Not too lean and not too built. A North Indian.

"Hi, I'm Sashi". I said and reached out my hand but he didn't care to take it.

"I'm Alok. I'll be taking you to your dorm room". He said very casually.

I was just surprised how he was behaving. Like picking me up is a sin. I tried to open my mouth and wished to what I actually plan, about the groceries, coz it's self cooking in the dorm. But I thought it's better not to push the wrong button and closed my mouth.

     Alok took my luggage and started moving towards the exit. I had brought only two large travel bags and a backpack for the laptop and a handbag. The car was waiting for us we got in.

   I was so just curious I had to ask him. "How many employees are Indians in our office?".

  Alok would've just thought what a butt I am. But I didn't care. He gave me a very dry look from the passenger seat and told "Fourteen. With you fifteen. Two Chinese and two Thai. Twelve men six women. Anything else?".

Whoa. Cool bro. I shook my head. Why is he so hyper. Some problem maybe.

Back with the thought.

   Nice.I wondered how these many people have left their Homeland for work.I felt thirteen is not that bad number.I out casted Arjun. I don't even want to near him again with no business.

After an hour and a half, clearing past the heavy traffic we reached my dorm. I'd be sharing my room with two other women. One would be from my office and another, I guess I don't know yet. I've already listed what all I should get and how I should spend. Being from a middle class family really does help. But I wish for the better in an affordable price. Alok was the first to get out of the vehicle. He pulled out the luggage as well and then after a sigh, I got out.

"Oh my goodness!". The dorm is actually a resort.