Chapter 23

The treat almost took place in a very famous restaurant near our office premesis. It also had a bar and not to mention but also a cocktail bar stand and a singing sign up stage. All of my office colleagues were present. Even Alicia was there. I don't want to opt her out. She's my friend too. Anyways she's also part of the pack coz she works in one of RGC's sister concerns. Alexa was also invited. She had a lot of stuff to do with her kids but she came all the way to just cheer me up.

    He was also there. Arjun. He came in his tux but then before entering the bar he striped off his jacket and tie. With a pulled out gray shirt and his black pants he looked too good. Anyways it's useless to give more attention to him coz he won't take much part in my life I guess. I have a hell big dream how my life should go on. I'm a very persistent girl and I will be the sole responsibility of my actions. Good or bad. I must decide. So I think he's not good and ignore this character to take more space in my life and don't want to think about him at all. But buggers. I'm only thinking about him. Shit!

   "You look pretty Sushi!". Jenny comments.

    "By the way. It's you who looks more pretty than anyone else in this room Jenny. Love your dress!". I state. She does really look pretty in that beautiful red frock. It's a sequined yoke attached with pleated skirt.

    I wore a black overall sequined shirt and my favorite ripped jeans. Decently ripped jeans to be exact. Left my hair loose with all those pretty curls and the end of my neatly straight hair. I love my hair. The way it adds up to my look. I didn't accessorize much. I just had my silver chain and a pair of cute little dangling stone earrings with a black Titan watch.

    "Oh Sashi you look too pretty dear". The Merch Dept head Supreeth said in a loud voice. Very loud everyone nodded their heads and said yes.

  The treat went really well. I was happy. It was more of a party than just a treat. I was just worried about the expenses. But Shan Shan gave me assurance that it will be ok and it's just a one time treat. Even if it's overflowing than my budget she said she'd share and I can repay it later. But I don't like debts and very decently rejected her offer. I already told my parents about it and they started arguing about spending my first salary with useless treats. They wanted me to offer it to the temple for Pooja and stuff. But I strictly refused. I willingly will throw my sheets of money in a river or donate it to an orphanage rather than giving it to some senseless stuff like offering gold to temple or else. I'm extremely sorry but I am an atheist. I believe in myself and hope. Not some unknown and unfelt power.