Chapter 11

"This is a Fashion house Design studio as well as a Buying office for developing merchandisers". Jenny said with a hint of pride in her tone. She might be working here for a long time.And I do have this habit of nicknaming people soon.

"How many employees are currently working in this office Ms.Sebastian?". Obviously I know it's not manners to address someone on first name basis without them mentioning.

"You can call me Jennifer, Sashi. We are about seventeen. Three teams Designing, Developing and Merchandising each four members and four common heads including me". She said with a grin.

So I'd be part of the Designing team. The way to the CEO's office was like being in an exhibition. I could see a lot of art works hanging on the wall. They gave a very rich look. Vincent Van Gogh, Giovanni, Magdeline and others mostly a replica of their work in between a lot of Fashion sketches. The Fabric illusions and the screens were also hung on the walls which gave out a very good aura to the place.

"Please take a seat here. We'll let you know when you are requested in". Jenny directed me towards a small two seater couch in front of the CEO's office. There was another cabin near to his. I felt in an instant it was empty.

I gave her a very polite nod and she left me with another before entering CEO's cabin.

Although I am a strong and audacious person sometimes I do feel nervous. And this was such a situation.

"No stutters and stammers. No hiccups and duckups". I repeated to myself again and again.

After what seemed like an eternity Jenny came out and gave me a signal to go in. Before walking past me, she gave me a thumbs up and mouthed "All the best".

I like this girl already. I mouthed back "Thank you" and neared the cabin with a very deep breath.

I knocked twice. "May I come in?". I asked.

"Yes". I heard the voice say and I entered. The Stranger God. It's him.

As I entered I could see his charcoal eyes darted towards me. He was watching my every move. Why the hell did I say those words again and why didn't I back out once I knew it was him.

I can't reason myself. "Good evening.Please take your seat Ms.Sashi". He pointed towards one of the chairs in front of him. No surprise in his tone.

"Good evening to you too. And thank you". I said with bold tone. But inside I knew I was already chewing off my toe nails too.

"So,..". He started. "That was one hell of a meeting. Should I worry about my safety now?". He asked with a bit of mockery in his tone.